EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Ecomodded 5MT 2000 Honda Insight for sale in Buffalo. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodded-5mt-2000-honda-insight-sale-buffalo-9919.html)

RobertSmalls 08-31-2009 10:01 PM

Ecomodded 5MT 2000 Honda Insight for sale in Buffalo.

No, mine's not for sale!

2000 5-Speed (Silver) For Sale in Buffalo $6750 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

This guy is selling an Insight, and it looks like he might settle for $5000. 170kmi, hot air intake, moon discs (unfortunately screwed to the wheels), something about manual IMA assist control.

I've never seen the seller or the car; I just looked in to it because he's like 30 minutes from my house.

SVOboy 08-31-2009 10:05 PM

He's got MIMA! That junk costs about $1000 from dabrowski.

RobertSmalls 08-31-2009 10:20 PM

No, he doesn't have MIMA. He has "also installed the throttle smoothing circuit for a bit better mpg and smoother throttle response, as well as the forced regen brake button". I guess that's it. No Forced Auto Stop switch, no Forced No-Assist switch. :(

SVOboy 08-31-2009 10:22 PM

Shucks. Still, not bad as far as neat mods go, and much more impressive than a gutted car and a pile of wires on the living room floor :p

Berne 10-16-2011 12:08 PM

Ecomodded 5MT 2000 Honda Insight:is MIMA junk?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 125084)
He's got MIMA! That junk costs about $1000 from dabrowski.

If MIMA would be "that junk", why 170 MIMA systems have found their way around the world ? All these cool MIMA equipped Insights between Japan and Australia, USA, Canada and European countries are working to the best of fuel economy. All Insight owners with MIMA, whom I know, and I know a lot, are very very happy !

Moneywise the truth is: MIMA Plug & Play was much less than $1000 and it is really worth it.

But indeed - the way you are talking is not polite; you must be green-eyed :D down to your toes ...
It sounds that you are envious of M. Dabrowski's and Y. Morisette's ingeniousity - the heads of the MIMA inventors and developers.

deathtrain 10-16-2011 02:19 PM

I got a question? why is everyone really going after the early insights?

Berne 10-16-2011 03:56 PM

Ecomodded 5MT 2000 Honda Insight:is MIMA junk

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathtrain (Post 265808)

Insight MkI is not a car for everyone, either you like it, or you hate it! The Insight's design polarizes either HOP or FLOP :confused:
As a tall person you have to climb behind the steering wheel. After starting the 995 cc 3 cylinder 12-valve SOHC-VTEC engine, listening to its funny sound, you might think of a sort of a HOOVER vacuum cleaner :rolleyes:

Are you familiar with pushing a clutch pedal and shifting gears, like a sportscar - OK - then for sure you'll might miss the power of a Mustang or even not yet?
You might learn a new technique of driving & moving a 4-wheeler from A to B in a most eco-efficient manner...
The green figures of 'MPG' on the cluster display behind the steering wheel will tell you instantaneously what happens, if you floor the accelerator or if you caress the accelerator.

To make a long story short: once in your life you should have the chance to sit & drive an Insight and the you may decide: YES or NO. If YES, then the Insight may take over and can teach you how to become a Hypermiler :thumbup:

deathtrain 10-16-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berne (Post 265819)
Insight MkI is not a car for everyone, either you like it, or you hate it! The Insight's design polarizes either HOP or FLOP :confused:
As a tall person you have to climb behind the steering wheel. After starting the 995 cc 3 cylinder 12-valve SOHC-VTEC engine, listening to its funny sound, you might think of a sort of a HOOVER vacuum cleaner :rolleyes:

Are you familiar with pushing a clutch pedal and shifting gears, like a sportscar - OK - then for sure you'll might miss the power of a Mustang or even not yet?
You might learn a new technique of driving & moving a 4-wheeler from A to B in a most eco-efficient manner...
The green figures of 'MPG' on the cluster display behind the steering wheel will tell you instantaneously what happens, if you floor the accelerator or if you caress the accelerator.

To make a long story short: once in your life you should have the chance to sit & drive an Insight and the you may decide: YES or NO. If YES, then the Insight may take over and can teach you how to become a Hypermiler :thumbup:

ok that dont answer poop.

CigaR007 10-16-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathtrain (Post 265808)

Because it is a very refined platform for efficiency; from its drivetrain to its aerodynamics, not to mention its aluminum body, making it a lightweight masterpiece.

Berne 10-23-2011 09:38 AM

Ecomodded 5MT 2000 Honda Insight: a big silent shot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigaR007 (Post 265829)
Because it is a very refined platform for efficiency; from its drivetrain to its aerodynamics, not to mention its aluminum body, making it a lightweight masterpiece.

11 years after nothing in the car market is close to this car in economy, reliability, cost and performance. How tragic that Honda doesn't offer a 4 seater equivalent to this car - the Insight II second-gen is by far too faraway.

People who own a first-generation (2000-2006) Honda Insight are - likely to my experience - absolute fanatics. :D
Now that I have one too, since 2008, I have added myself without being ashamed.
I would never sell or replace this car. :cool: