EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Ecomodder is going to Japan .. Sorta (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-going-japan-sorta-2364.html)

trikkonceptz 05-15-2008 03:51 PM

Ecomodder is going to Japan .. Sorta

Well guys I have a once in a lifetime opportunity here ..

As some of you may have seen, aside from my Vibe (Everyday Driver) I also have A Scion xB and a 4 runner to pull it. The xB has been ranked 3rd in the country as most customized by Scion. I also work very closely with South East Toyota for all things Scion. That being said, I have recently been talking up a storm with my buddies at Toyota to see if we can't start producing MPG friendly aftermarket parts for the current generation Scions in order to improve their efficiency.

Well not only are they interested, but they had me put together an entire proposal outlining what can be manufactured to help MPG's, what models they can impact immeadiately and whether or not this is even a worth while pursuit.

Therefore my proposal is on its way to Japan with a select group of friends and will be presented to the executives there as a new revenue stream for Scion to then be expanded to Toyota. Through our efforts I was able to make them realize that aerodynamic changes to these vehicles can make a difference in increasing MPG's without altering the vehicles drastically. Allowing them to achieve hybrid like numbers in everyday gas burning cars.

I did make various comparisons between Ecomodder.com & Scion in how both are mainly grassroots efforts that will continue to gain strength and how we should be used as a sounding board for future eco friendly real world enhancements to new vehicles.

So who knows with a little luck, we may have been able to make a slightly larger dent in the effort to bring awareness to what should be an obvious movement.

I'll keep you posted...

Daox 05-15-2008 03:54 PM

Looking forward to more info on this. :)

MetroMPG 05-15-2008 04:21 PM

That's pretty exciting news. Congrats!

cfg83 05-15-2008 05:07 PM

trikkonceptz -

Wow!!!!

CarloSW2

SVOboy 05-15-2008 05:32 PM

Sweet deal! I foresee a long, wonderful future between Toyota and ecomodder, :)

Too bad your friends didn't need a translator, or I could've tagged along, ;)

RH77 05-15-2008 06:02 PM

Wow is right! An all-around sweet deal :thumbup:

Looking forward to more news...

RH77

Johnny Mullet 05-15-2008 09:19 PM

This place is going to explode one day! I hope the server/connection this site is hosted on can handle mass amounts of traffic that could infiltrate us.

LostCause 05-16-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 26124)
Too bad your friends didn't need a translator, or I could've tagged along, ;)

Ahh, konichiwa SVO-san. Sabinuki, domo arigato...:p
(Avec internettet, yo spreche alle языках.)

Good job on catching Toyota's attention and I hope your proposal goes over well. I'm definately interested in any news. :)

Would you mind divulging what some of your suggestions were?

- LostCause

i_am_socket 05-16-2008 08:01 AM

That's awesome!! Good luck and make sure you let us know how it all goes!

trikkonceptz 05-16-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostCause (Post 26209)
Would you mind divulging what some of your suggestions were?- LostCause

Not at all, giving you guys full credit for my re-awakening I suggested that Toyota expand our relationship with 5-axis motors (They produce all the concept cars you see in shows plus began designing body kits etc for Scion recently) to include a line of aero mods for the current generation Scions. Parts which include;

-Bumpers
-Wiper Cowls
-Hub Caps
-Aero Spoilers
-More aerodynamic Mirrors
-Weight reduction interior packages for those that want deletes
-Belly pan & Under pan kits
-Grille Blocks

That pretty much covered the bolt on existing model section, as far as future enhancements I suggested items that would not impact in line design already like, EOC capability without impacting driveability or A/C. Engine shutoff at idle, basically mirroring the hybrids, but in the gas line.

Then I suggested how it can be marketed as MPG+ packages. Now obviously that was the super abbreviated version, but the initial responce was overwhelming within SET. Some change I am sure will come of this, but the corporate wheel does turn slow, fortunately I am a real squeaky wheel and they love to grease me to keep me quite .. LOL

Just as an FYI I took on this kick because recently my best friend bought a motorcycle here in Ft. Lauderdale and got into a really bad accident. His sole excuse was doing it because it got 50 mpg+, so now I'm out to prove that I can do it with a 4 wheeled gas powered safe automobile. For that I thank all of you and I will do everything I can to spread the positive work we are doing here ..

Laterz ..