EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Ecomodder Hall of Fame (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-hall-fame-25870.html)

mikeyjd 05-15-2013 12:20 PM

Ecomodder Hall of Fame

So I was thinking this morning that allot of us here on Ecomodder owe a great deal of thanks and gratitude to the pro's on this forum that have dedicated huge amounts of time, money, effort, and passion into the database that is now available at our fingertips. Quite a few names come to mind as to people that seem like they would be obvious candidates, but I don't consider myself qualified to make that kind of a decision. It seems as if we set up a criteria for consideration and maybe had an initial arbitrary election of lets say the first 10 members, then those members could vote on it from that point forward. Perhaps it could even be a yearly event in which new members coming up for consideration would be voted on anonymously by those members already in the Hall. The criteria could look something like this.

1: Minimum membership length eg: 3 years
2: Minimum posts (showing a body of work, as opposed to a few moments of brilliance)
3: Display's an exceptional level of knowledge and understanding of at least 1 key component of ecomodding
4: Has put their expertise on display through projects or through continual helpful and sound advice
5: A thread could be dedicated to nominations for anyone that wants an individual to be recognized for their efforts going forward
6: There could be a jacket or hat or something of like nature to commemorate a persons election.
7: In order to keep it a special privelege only a certain number of people each year would be allowed in. You could set the number somewhere from like 2-5.

The original 10 members could* look something like this:

MetroMPG (Founder)
SvoBoy (Founder)
Daox
aerohead
bennelson
NeilBlanchard
basjoos
Frank_Lee
cfg83
Old_Mechanic

What do you guys think of this idea? I'm sure Darin would have the final say about something like this, but if the idea is well received it could be a fun way to show some love for our best and brightest.

mcrews 05-15-2013 02:10 PM

do it!

Shortie771 05-15-2013 07:09 PM

I'm liking the idea. You have a lot of good names on there. It would definitely be a difficult decision for anyone to make.

HypermilerAX 05-16-2013 03:04 AM

8: Has to be capable of 100 mpg :D

MetroMPG 05-16-2013 11:32 AM

You know, we used to run something kind of similar: "modification of the month" and "modification of the year" polls. Seemed like we had a heck of a time getting many people to vote! Not to throw cold water on the idea.

Make the idea a poll? :)

mcrews 05-16-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 371787)
Make the idea a poll? :)

Wouldn't think there are enough pols here..........:D tee hee hee :rolleyes:

gone-ot 05-16-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 371797)
Wouldn't think there are enough pols here..........:D tee hee hee :rolleyes:

Yeah, and won't the Germans, Austrians, and Slovaks complain about being left out? :rolleyes:

mcrews 05-16-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 371819)
Yeah, and won't the Germans, Austrians, and Slovaks complain about being left out? :rolleyes:

3: Display's an exceptional level of knowledge and understanding of at least 1 key component of ecomodding

.....And to think.....your not even on the list!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused:

The shame of it all! :o