EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   EcoModder on Jalopnik (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-jalopnik-11606.html)

RobertSmalls 12-29-2009 09:15 PM

EcoModder on Jalopnik

instead of the other way around.

Darin's cardboard boattail on Jalopnik:
Attention, Greenies: Your Geo Metro Needs A Boattail - hypermiling - Jalopnik

Yeah, some of the comments are derisive, but some Jalops "get it". Even a hardcore audience of speed freaks and car nuts wants to read a few articles about ecomods.

SVOboy 12-29-2009 09:19 PM

When he builds on that's not cardboard he might get a little be more kudos from those folks eh.

mcrews 12-29-2009 09:44 PM

Interesting comments.
one of the comments reminded me of a personal experience I had in the 1970s. I was a passenger on a 747 at DFW Airport. There was a backup for some reason and there must have been 20 commercial airliners sitting on the tarmack on hold. We would creep forward as each plane got clearance. THe pilot came on and said to look out to our right, there was the SST in line with us. there was a 707 infront of it and a 747 directly behind it. At that moment, the only thought that I had was ".....HOW THE HELL IS OUR PILOT GOING TO GET THIS BLOATED WALRUS OFF THE GROUND!!!!" lol That SST looked like a 2009 corvette at a 57 Chevy convention!!!!! I was really starting to question the basic fundamentals of lift and flight!

Piwoslaw 12-30-2009 10:09 AM

I read through the comments and... they're almost as bad as some of the discussions Christ and Frank Lee have here at EM.com! I'm joking, guys, but I just had to write that :p

The comments weren't really that bad, just off topic (that's why we have Darin, and they don't, hahahahahahahahahahaha). And yes, some of the off-topic comments were hilarious. Yet I've seen much worse, much more vile and aggresive reactions to much smaller things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertSmalls (Post 150658)
Yeah, some of the comments are derisive, but some Jalops "get it".

I believe at least one of them (Elhigh) is from EM. But hush - we gotta keep our agents secret;)

MetroMPG 12-30-2009 10:16 AM

Some of the comments are hilarious, in a good way.

I've was sorely tempted to post the photochop of the bumblebee colour scheme of the boat tail under the bumblebee costumed little girl... :)

gone-ot 12-30-2009 09:21 PM

...a new breed: "Automobilus Ardvarkus"

Christ 12-30-2009 10:38 PM

Mmmm... 5 lb gummi-bear.

/thread

bgd73 01-01-2010 01:50 AM

jalopnik is never good comments, unless it is a railroaded stampede with the "everybody" stamp of approval..from "socal" apparently, and that means equal to mental retard, like thier junk yards with mint conditon classics. I have been harassing that place for a couple of years now in the comments sections.