EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Ecomodding Gets A Good Review, YAY! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodding-gets-good-review-yay-3308.html)

metroschultz 06-24-2008 09:52 AM

Ecomodding Gets A Good Review, YAY!

Well it has happened.
Yours truly has been featured in a local paper.
We (the Ecomodder community) received a good write up from a receptive reporter.

http://wydaily.com/read_article.php?article=425

Read this article and know that not all reporters are agents from the dark side.
Andrew Pike seemed very interested at the time of the interview.
Apparently he was swayed to begin Ecomodding his own driving style.
I am glad we can be looked at in a good way and also glad to have been part of it.
P.W.Keim
AKA
Schultz

Lazarus 06-24-2008 10:01 AM

Very nice. :turtle::turtle:What do your SUV neighbors think? Have they asked you for advice?

Has anyone else seen the article there and what has been their reaction?

MetroMPG 06-24-2008 10:27 AM

Nice article! Is that a giant eyeball on your fuel filler door?

MetroMPG 06-24-2008 10:34 AM

I love this quote:

“I’ve been trying to break 50 mpg for a year,” Keim said. “I’m probably the only guy in Tidewater who’s looking forward to his next fill up. I’m giddy.”

Daox 06-24-2008 10:39 AM

Very nice article.

azraelswrd 06-24-2008 11:07 AM

Hey, I don't see no steenkin' scangauges in that pic? :mad:

(unless it's the 2-legged variety cuz that's not going to fit on my steering wheel :p)

quote from Pike:
"Keim says there are hundreds of things drivers can do to raise the fuel efficiency of their cars, but first up is “fixing the nut behind the wheel” because people aren’t typically taught to drive efficiently.

--so true. We focus so much on safety and over time, sacrifice that for speed and convenience. Efficiency is almost never in the learning equation (at least it never was for me).

Cool article. I wonder if my CD player is really making a dent in my mileage.... anyone done any tests or collect data on that?

MetroMPG 06-24-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azraelswrd (Post 37835)
Cool article. I wonder if my CD player is really making a dent in my mileage.... anyone done any tests or collect data on that?

Depends whether you're listening to speed metal or lullabies. :D

The impact of a stereo depends on how much power it draws. A normal radio will have a small effect, but there's no getting around the fact it's a gas-fuelled CD player.

88CRX 06-24-2008 11:23 AM

I like the cpt slo plate.

The SUV in the background was a good touch.

Was that done on purpose?

88CRX 06-24-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 37840)
Depends whether you're listening to speed metal or lullabies. :D

The impact of a stereo depends on how much power it draws. A normal radio will have a small effect, but there's no getting around the fact it's a gas-fuelled CD player.

Never though about the psychological affects of the radio. I think there is alot of merit in that.

metroschultz 06-24-2008 01:19 PM

Yes it is

Lazarus,
My neighbors are the type who will pay ten dollars a gallon for gas, They don't want to save anywhere. The thermostat in their house is set to 65* F (btw it's 90* outside w/ 90% humidity) and they jump in the truck to drive 2 miles for 1 loaf of bread.

Metro,
Yes, one of our trips to the bone yard my wife saw that on another Geo and decided I had to have it. I didn't actually want it. However she also knows how to wield a pair of pliers and pulled it for me when I wasn't looking. It shows me watching my fuel.

88CRX,
Not done on purpose, just my neighbor was home from work early that day. (it was Friday and he left work early)