EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hypermiling-ecodrivers-ed.html)
-   -   Educated some guys today (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/educated-some-guys-today-12444.html)

Chalupa102 02-27-2010 03:47 PM

Educated some guys today

I was at the bicycle shop today buying some things. As i came out of the store i saw two guys looking at my car. They asked me about the car and how much i gained from the aero mods that i have. We talked for about 5 minutes and it was awesome to tell them about the mods and hypermiling. I was also surprised and happy about their knowledge/questions about the benefits from everything i had done.

gone-ot 02-27-2010 03:54 PM

...share the knowledge, one village at a time.

Cd 02-27-2010 11:19 PM

Somehow I get the feeling that you wouldn't have had the same results at a monster truck rally. ;)

bgd73 02-28-2010 02:22 AM

No one ever asks me anything.
1781cc boxer in the realm of tortured by lack of knowledge.
I know the sound alone is more aggressive than to be synonymous with hypermiler...in fact, that is the only comment I ever got, and it was a nice one, the guy even knew the year of the car (the engine setup is a 2 year manufacture)
jacked up, bigger wheels than factory, and possibly sailing by you too at 3600 rpm and 92 mph...(I do not do that often) :rolleyes:

to be hypermiling makes it all the more secretive.

There is a benefit to mainstream expectation. Going beyond is a tough road, it ends up followed if truth.

My goal, if to teach, is to go with facts of whatever it is that floats your mind. Learn from written, or write your own.

I still look forward to the 30mpg diesel v8, and whoever speaks of it.

:thumbup:
I am glad there is not a bad stereotype, and good conversation. I even mention ecomod at a hot rod forum, classic american stuff. Reality of it is bigger than ever.

a8ksh4 02-28-2010 03:56 AM

I have yet to have a random conversation with someone about hypermiling. Do you guys have any good openers for starting conversations about gas mileage? :-)

Speaking of bicycles, I am really looking forward to some warm dry weather for roller blading to work.

cfg83 02-28-2010 04:16 AM

a8ksh4 -

Quote:

Originally Posted by a8ksh4 (Post 163384)
I have yet to have a random conversation with someone about hypermiling. Do you guys have any good openers for starting conversations about gas mileage? :-)

Speaking of bicycles, I am really looking forward to some warm dry weather for roller blading to work.

I let the car start the conversation. I usually tell them my car's base MPG and say that the increase is 50% driving style and 50% ecomods. If the conversation goes longer, I describe the most tangible/concrete mods, aka the one-size-up-from-stock tires and the taller 5th gear.

I've even made a card to send them to Ecomodder, but I never have it on me when the time is right.

CarloSW2

gone-ot 02-28-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cd (Post 163360)
Somehow I get the feeling that you wouldn't have had the same results at a monster truck rally. ;)

...nor at a drag race, either!