Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

VA Newbie

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for about a week now, reading up on various topics and just poking around. I despise signing up for new systems unless absolutely warranted, and I just couldn't stay out anymore!

A little information about me. I'm a software developer, woohoo, but I'm also a bit of a gearhead. I know my way around a motor and can work on a car without losing any extremities.

I currently own a '98 Lumina and an '85 Honda Sabre (V45), so a pretty inefficient vehicle and then of course the bike I drive whenever I can. I do tend to stick to the bike as often as possible because I get at least 50mpg even when driving hard, but due to recent changes in my life it's more convenient for me to drive a car to carry around passengers. Yay for ladies!

Anywho, while I don't have a proper vehicle for it yet I'm very interested in purchasing a car to turn into a much more efficient daily driver (a manual CRX, Civic or similar smaller car ideally). So hello again, and please feel free to shower me with any suggestions any of you have! I'm open to car model suggestions for purchase and extra equipment for any vehicle I drive!

Also... the Scan Gauge looks amazing, but I'm a bit confused by the open source alternative I've read about?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Welcome to the site!

I would go for a crx, I love mine! The open source gauge is for people who don't have obdII or don't want to spend 160 on the SG, I'm pretty excited to throw one in my CRX.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm trying like hell to find a CRX anywhere near my area, I'm in central VA and they aren't exactly coming out of the woodwork.

I'm going to start putting out the feelers and saving up, I suppose. Even though I want a new bike I'd get a much better return from a more efficient car, I'm sure!

Anyone else from VA?

Reply  Post New Thread