EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Elon Musk's secret manisfesto...from 2006. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/elon-musks-secret-manisfesto-2006-a-29834.html)

botsapper 08-25-2014 05:10 PM

Elon Musk's secret manisfesto...from 2006.

The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me) | Blog | Tesla Motors

His master plan in a nutshell;

- Build sports car (Tesla Roadster, done)

- Use that money to build an affordable car (Tesla Model S, affordable for the rich, done.)

- Use that money to build an even more affordable car (Tesla Model X and Model 3, on the way)

- While doing above, also provide zero emission electric power generation options (nationwide SuperCharger stations, being built)

More power to you, Mr. Musk.

Cobb 08-25-2014 05:48 PM

Only 409 comments since Aug 06? :confused:

botsapper 08-25-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobb (Post 442262)
Only 409 comments since Aug 06? :confused:

A lot of loyal people. I broke his request, and told you guys.

jamesqf 08-26-2014 01:10 AM

But what exactly was secret about it? Seems like an obvious business plan to me (as I've mentioned various times over the years). Applies to just about any new technology: personal computers, cell phones, CD players, jet planes (anybody else remember the "Jet Set"?), etc. You build the first versions for people with money, that lets you build the next version, which is a bit cheaper & better so you can sell to more people, which gives you the money, improved tech, and economy of scale to build an even cheaper 3rd version...

markweatherill 08-26-2014 02:53 AM

Alternatively:
discover the most lucrative Government grants
invent a product to extract the above.
profit!

dirtydave 08-26-2014 08:50 AM

I can't wait to buy a busted up Tesla model S in 20 years.

oil pan 4 08-26-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markweatherill (Post 442323)
Alternatively:
discover the most lucrative Government grants
invent a product to extract the above.
profit!

News travles far and fast.
So I take it you guys know about all the billions of dollars we sunk into solar panel and electric vehicle manufactures who went belly up 6 months later? (after the money was hidden, I mean gone)
Out of all those billions given away to all those companies tesla will will likely be one of the few if the only sucess story. And they will still only be making cars for the rich.

What do they consider affordable $30k+? :rolleyes:

whatmaycome14 08-26-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 442345)
News travles far and fast.
So I take it you guys know about all the billions of dollars we sunk into solar panel and electric vehicle manufactures who went belly up 6 months later? (after the money was hidden, I mean gone)
Out of all those billions given away to all those companies tesla will will likely be one of the few if the only sucess story. And they will still only be making cars for the rich.

What do they consider affordable $30k+? :rolleyes:

A $30k car IS affordable! I do a lot of business all over the state of Virginia and for the people who want to spend $30k on a car, an all electric version that is stylish(sexy) and has a good range would be an awesome choice!

You don't have to be rich to spend $30k on a car. After all, these days most people can work with 60-75mo financing...

dirtydave 08-26-2014 11:00 AM

I guess $30K isn't to bad when you don't have to buy oil or gasoline.

jakobnev 08-26-2014 11:45 AM

I hope the $30k version won't be made out of stamped rust-precursor.