EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   EPA accuses Fiat Chrysler of excess diesel emissions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/epa-accuses-fiat-chrysler-excess-diesel-emissions-34760.html)

redneck 01-13-2017 04:56 AM

EPA accuses Fiat Chrysler of excess diesel emissions

EPA accuses Fiat Chrysler of excess diesel emissions

Here we go again.

EPA accuses Fiat Chrysler of excess diesel emissions | Reuters

Quote:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Thursday accused Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV of illegally using hidden software to allow excess diesel emissions to go undetected, the result of a probe that stemmed from regulators' investigation of rival Volkswagen AG.

:(

>

Fingie 01-13-2017 07:43 AM

Now when a non-American owns chrysler it\'s a big deal :D if Chrysler was still a domestic manufacturer, EPA would have just mentioned to at least hide it better :/

Daox 01-13-2017 08:36 AM

Hah, everyone is being hunted down by the EPA now haha.

Stubby79 01-13-2017 09:55 AM

I think the EPA\'s main agenda is to make themselves look good and busy to continue the pay checks coming in, not the actual protection of the environment or anything else.

RedDevil 01-13-2017 10:08 AM

Everyone is joining the party now...

Renault investigated by French government for diesel emissions claims | Autocar

Quote:

A statement released by Renault says: "Groupe Renault acknowledges the opening of judicial investigations on the ground of ‎"deceit on essential qualities and inspections conducted, these facts having led to the products being dangerous for the health of humans or animals".
And they deny any wrongdoing.
We\'ll see about that.

gone-ot 01-13-2017 11:05 AM

European manufacturers "learned" how to \'game\' EPA tests...and got caught.

Hersbird 01-13-2017 11:06 AM

I had heard on the allpar.com that the 3.0 ecodiesel have been on hold for over a month. They also linked to another lawsuit by a private organization over emissions on the same motor. Well dang it I still want one of these no matter how big the tiny increase in pollution is. What\'s better overall 17 mpg from my Hemi or 30 mpg from the Ecodiesel? The problem will be buying a used one while the fallout is still being negotiatedone, at least that\'s my experience with the still ongoing 3.0 VW issue.

Fat Charlie 01-13-2017 12:53 PM

When it came out about Volkswagen, every carco board started asking their people questions. Instead of asking who else cheated, we should set up a pool to bet on who gets busted next.

freebeard 01-13-2017 04:35 PM

All a plot, I am sure, to get everyone into self-driven electrics.

Or maybe it\'s just what happens when a teach-to-the-test school system spits out engineers?

RedDevil 01-13-2017 04:44 PM

No, more like the engineers meet the board of directors because they cannot match the new pollution standards with their engines, and get told that the other automakers do succeed.
So they have to admit failure or cheat left and right to match the threshold.

Now they learn that the others cheated as well...
Clean diesel, and clean direct injection of any kind without high micro particulate emission, simply cannot be done.