EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Ev homemade battery (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ev-homemade-battery-34794.html)

Mrmacireland 01-20-2017 05:10 PM

Ev homemade battery

Dia duit
I have been researching ev batteries and was thinking of building my own zinc prototype heavy duty Chrolide battery with active recycling has anybody built this prototype that gulf and western built in the 1970 80 years
Over

Mrmacireland 01-20-2017 06:25 PM

Dia duit
I have finished the zinc air battery decided to go with that as we have one of the biggest zinc mines in the world here in ireland got 1.5 volts going to see if I can post a picture of battery not great with fancy phones I want to get to around 177 volts with good amp hrs I have a old DC welders with a few modifications done for recharging the pack in 42 minutes from flat

Stubby79 01-20-2017 09:59 PM

I don't know much about zink batteries. What kind of watt-hour per KG are we talking about? How deep can they be cycled? how many cycles will they put out? What level of peukert effect do they have, if any?

Then...how will you manage to mass produce them to all be equal to one another, so they stay balanced? Or is that even an issue with this chemistry?

oil pan 4 01-20-2017 10:22 PM

Zinc air batteries don't recharge.

Stubby79 01-20-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 532630)
Zinc air batteries don't recharge.

Well...that's rather pointless! :p

Mrmacireland 01-21-2017 06:52 AM

Dia duit oil pan 4
I have managed to get my zinc air battery to recharge I think it is a problem if you let the tree like structures form between cathode and anodes I used a sponge like material and put in a jet to inject a small amount of dry nitrogen this seems to stop it forming when recharging I will put up some photogragh of final set up I want to get at least 270 miles between charging I plan to fit 23 HP diesel hooked up to DC generator to keep pack above minium discharge we have fast DC chargers for free in Ireland so hopefully never have to start engine

oil pan 4 01-21-2017 12:17 PM

How many times will it recharge?

rmay635703 01-21-2017 07:15 PM

WTF ?????

I think I missed something here

Mrmacireland 01-22-2017 10:38 AM

Dia duit oil pan 4
I think I should take time to explain my battery design and reason for trying to manufacture a homebuilt battery research says zinc is a widely abundant metal now compare that to lithium it is nearly all comes from China mines and is very expensive when deciding on my build I looked at my home island of Ireland and worked out there was plenty of zinc so future volume production could be sourced here instead of importing expensive batteries materials from overseas I think there are plenty of zinc mines in Amerikay also now my build is a prototype I have drained it 101 times so far running a set of bulbs to drain power it is a 8 cell unit 12volt 8 cells at 1.5 volts linked in a series it's rough but it works I know there would be far more people converting to EVs if the battery was less expensive there is some great motor controller designs and set ups on here but no homebuilt batteries I can t afford fancy lithium batteries I have got some I have dismantled and to tell you the truth they is not much to them it's the metal that is expensive and hard to get I plan to increase prototype to 288volts 24 12 volts cells linked to gather and wired that each 12 volt cell gets charged separately so if one fails then it will still give power any help or photos of factory built batteries would be greatly appreciated
Go raibh maith agat

cr45 01-22-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrmacireland (Post 532733)
Dia duit oil pan 4
I think I should take time to explain my battery design and reason for trying to manufacture a homebuilt battery research says zinc is a widely abundant metal now compare that to lithium it is nearly all comes from China mines and is very expensive when deciding on my build I looked at my home island of Ireland and worked out there was plenty of zinc so future volume production could be sourced here instead of importing expensive batteries materials from overseas I think there are plenty of zinc mines in Amerikay also now my build is a prototype I have drained it 101 times so far running a set of bulbs to drain power it is a 8 cell unit 12volt 8 cells at 1.5 volts linked in a series it's rough but it works I know there would be far more people converting to EVs if the battery was less expensive there is some great motor controller designs and set ups on here but no homebuilt batteries I can t afford fancy lithium batteries I have got some I have dismantled and to tell you the truth they is not much to them it's the metal that is expensive and hard to get I plan to increase prototype to 288volts 24 12 volts cells linked to gather and wired that each 12 volt cell gets charged separately so if one fails then it will still give power any help or photos of factory built batteries would be greatly appreciated
Go raibh maith agat

Any chance you could use some punctuation!

Many Thanks