Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

1992 White Civic VX, 115k, black interior with leather integra seats, A/C $4,500.00

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2000 Honda Insight, so the old VX must go. Its in pretty decent shape and has some tasteful upgrades. Here it goes:

Interior: Black SI interior, with black leather integra seats (not perfect, but pretty darn good). Has OEM armrest, floor mats, and hatch cover (hard to find and pricey), Dual HD cd player, all new speakers (front and back), dyna mat and sound deadening foam...adds maybe a few pounds, but much more quiet ride.

Exterior: Two year old paint job...again, not perfect, but pretty good. SI tails, black housing Denji projector head lights, amber corners, JDM tag, factory look fogs (working), gunmetal colored VX rims (factory paint was chipping). Fairly new tires.

Brakes: goodridge stainless lines, Hawk pads, and cross drilled rotors...drums done last year.

Suspension: suspension techniques bushings redone all the way around (old ones almost completely dry rotted out...lots of time on this one), tokico blue struts and Eibach sportlines for the springs (nice look, a little low, but with stock springs, the ride will be almost factory like, but nice and firm b/c of the bushings).

Maint: New A/C compressor, timing belt, water pump, radiator, cam seals, all new belts, spark plug wires, dist. cap and rotor, all done within the past two years. Replaced rusted out exhaust with a new Greddy SP2 (the quietest one they make...it was about $500.00).

Problems: A/C can be finicky at idle (always works fine while driving, but idle can be 50/50).

Runs a little rich...only getting about 40mpg, vs. my original 45mpg. Not a big enough deal for me to go to the mechanic, but just want to point it out.

Some oil collects around tranny...never had to add oil to tranny and never had to add oil between oil changes, so I never really worried about it (no spots on driveway either).

Couple typical age dings around body, hardly noticible.

Final thoughts: Not perfect, but really good condition for the year and beter than a lot of them out there. Very little rust...tiny bit hidden by rear hatch and some typical superfial stuff on some the bolts on the under carriage. All major and minor maintence update and lots of OEM upgrades. Nice JDM look without being too ricey. Also, can very easily be put back to stock, and your cost could be greatly lowered by selling of the nice aftermarket stuff. Taken this car on several 100+ mile road trips and never once had a problem. Would not hestitate to drive it anywhere.

My name is Chris and my number is 727-768-5309. Hit me up at chrisorozco13 at hotmail dot com for pics. Price is Obo. Located in St. Pete, FL.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Price drop, $4,200.00. ALso has passenger side mirror and suspension techniques sway bars and probably more stuff I am forgetting. Again, whoever buys this could easily take off $1,000 or more just going back to stock.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
1998 Civic HX

Can you post pics?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Having trouble uploading, but shoot me an e-mail at chrisorozco13 at hotmail dot com and I'll send you some. Also, I have a few on Tampa craigslist...unfortunately this site won't let me post the link, but just put in civic VX in the search and only a couple will pop up...mine's the nice one...j/k...sort of.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
1992 Civic VX, stock motor, A/C, lots of add ons, leather, suspension

Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

sold

Reply  Post New Thread