Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2023, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Any Velomobile owners out there?

From what I understand about 99% of these are all manufactured in the Netherlands. Also, about 99.9% of all of them are three wheelers with two wheels up front and one in the rear. I am interested in a four-wheel version which adds oodles and oodles of stability and better high-speed cornering. To those of you are unfamiliar with this term, it is a recumbent type bicycle that surrounded by a carbon fiber aerodynamic body. On flat ground, it is theorized, that a complete obese out of shape non-athletic person would be able to easily without even cracking a sweat to maintain 22 miles per hour, and that happens to be the normal cruising speed of the hyper athletic Young studs with their tour de France spec bikes. If you're willing to sweat a little bit and get somewhat of a workout, you might easily be able to get up to 35 mph or hair higher. From what I understand, only four and a half percent of velomobiles that are manufactured end up in the United States. So I guess my question is: are any of you involved in this, and are there any owners that are even remotely in the Pacific Northwest? I also have learned, that if someone wants to, it is fairly easy to add electric assist to this which might be particularly helpful for someone who's older or has to go up a very steep Hill. Some pluses to the velomobile, depending on what brand you choose, is that if you live in a very rainy climate but still want to exercise, you can still stay dry, and your drivetrain is enclosed inside and dry so you don't have to deal with the muck. Usually these velomobiles work the best with drum brakes up front and you can option for inboard disc brakes in the back. Other pluses are you don't have to buy gasoline, you don't have to insure it, you don't even have to license it. The fancier brands have excellent headlights turn signals brake lights, and are very well thought out. And certain brands will fit people that are up to six seven in height. Well, I'll quit blabbing here just to see if anybody is interested.

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I'm interested, but not in DIY. I follow the trials and tribulations of Arcimoto, originally for the FUV, but more recently for the 'Cybertrike'.

Arcimoto have enough [supply chain] problems without the short squeezers trying to tank their stock. The development process is on hold, but it gets a lot right. Basically a rolling chassis that will get something between a body and a suit.* Here an outdated explainer:

PNW? Check! They're in The Whiteaker:
Quote:
Whiteaker, Eugene, Oregon
Whiteaker is a neighborhood in Eugene, Oregon, United States. It is located to the northwest of downtown Eugene, and is home to primarily working class residents. Though it has served as an agricultural and commercial district in the past, it has become a primarily residential area.Wikipedia
*see Archigram's Cushicle and Suitaloon.

Reply  Post New Thread