EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Exhaust smoking when we got to the top of the mountain (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/exhaust-smoking-when-we-got-top-mountain-18546.html)

RandomFact314 08-17-2011 07:12 PM

Exhaust smoking when we got to the top of the mountain

We decided to drive up into the mountains which are close to where I live. Where we live is about 850 feet above sea level (according to my gps) we drove up into the mountains to get to a certain spot that has a great view, we drove up and it was 1700 feet above sea level at that point. I noticed the muffler was smoking a little when we got up there. Is that because of the strain put on the little 1.6 liter engine or something else? It was just some white smoke flowing out of it as if there was a a few cigarettes were burning inside the muffler of something.

Never seen any smoke coming out the tail pipe any other time, so this isnt regular, just today

Here is the very short recording I did of it smoking, just so you know how much it was smoking... This is with the car OFF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LMRM1n716U

mcrews 08-17-2011 10:43 PM

it's not 'engine' heat.
the radiator would indicate that.

Have you ever measured the diameter on the pipe between the headers and muffler"

My 'guess' is its residue that built up in the rice muffler.

anything HOT HOT back there?

RandomFact314 08-18-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 256833)
it's not 'engine' heat.
the radiator would indicate that.

Have you ever measured the diameter on the pipe between the headers and muffler"

My 'guess' is its residue that built up in the rice muffler.

anything HOT HOT back there?

Thats kinda what I was thinking, the boiling rice (build-up) was smoking. I think im gonna put the rice cannon on craigslist for stock+cash and use the cash to get a new speed sensor since mine is out.

mcrews 08-18-2011 12:46 AM

gotta have a sense of humor!!!!! i love the boiling rice comment!

honestabe 08-18-2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomFact314 (Post 256840)
Thats kinda what I was thinking, the boiling rice (build-up) was smoking. I think im gonna put the rice cannon on craigslist for stock+cash and use the cash to get a new speed sensor since mine is out.

Thank you. I can't stand seeing FWD gutless cars with fart cans, wings (including the new Camry's and Civics) and the gay ass tail lights. Yes I may have a large muffler on my Supra that may be considered a rice cannon, but I have a 2.5L inline-6 with a Borg Warner S300SX 8875 Turbo S362 63mm turbo and a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back with the muffler being the only restriction and a soon to be 500+ RWHP dyno sheet to back it up. Unlike ricers, my bark has the bite to back it up :D

RandomFact314 08-18-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honestabe (Post 256853)
Thank you. I can't stand seeing FWD gutless cars with fart cans, wings (including the new Camry's and Civics) and the gay ass tail lights. Yes I may have a large muffler on my Supra that may be considered a rice cannon, but I have a 2.5L inline-6 with a Borg Warner S300SX 8875 Turbo S362 63mm turbo and a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back with the muffler being the only restriction and a soon to be 500+ RWHP dyno sheet to back it up. Unlike ricers, my bark has the bite to back it up :D

Yeah I bought this car with the rice cannon already attached.
I think id much rather have stock with a chrome tip welded on (just for the eye candy aspect of it) http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...er.ashx?id=647

honestabe 08-21-2011 04:47 AM

So long as it doesn't sound too ricey that looks like a nice simple and clean addition and is ok in my book (I'm a very picky person when it comes to cars).

slowmover 08-21-2011 09:30 AM

. . but I have a 2.5L inline-6 with a Borg Warner S300SX 8875 Turbo S362 63mm turbo and a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back with the muffler being the only restriction and a soon to be 500+ RWHP dyno sheet to back it up

Aahh, yess . . Zojirushi rice cooker, very best . . . not no WalMart burns-rice.

RandomFact314 08-21-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honestabe (Post 257371)
So long as it doesn't sound too ricey that looks like a nice simple and clean addition and is ok in my book (I'm a very picky person when it comes to cars).

Yeah I dont mind them as long as:
1) they dont point up so far that there is black shiet all over the back of your car and

2) its not just dangling because its "universal" and doesn't actually fit

Mifunego 08-21-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomFact314 (Post 257438)
Yeah I dont mind them as long as:
1) they dont point up so far that there is black shiet all over the back of your car and

2) its not just dangling because its "universal" and doesn't actually fit

and 3) they aren't on cars that drive down my street all day, "racing" from speed bump to speed bump. Going to go postal out there one of these days...