EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   extreme cheapskates (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/extreme-cheapskates-27655.html)

whostean 11-29-2013 04:31 AM

extreme cheapskates

Have you guys seen the ridiculousness that is the tv show: extreme cheapskates? I just discovered it...
These people will do almost anything in the name of saving a buck.

I keep waiting for one of us to show up on the show:cool:

Anybody else watch it?

Frank Lee 11-29-2013 07:07 AM

I've not seen an episode but I've seen some previews; it appears to me a committee of tv writers conjure up outrageous behaviors for their "reality" actors to stimulate ratings.

Arragonis 11-29-2013 09:41 AM

An extreme cheapskate wouldn't have a TV so I suppose they wouldn't be seen on the show ;)

whostean 11-29-2013 01:31 PM

Ha! Good point.

I had thought I might actually learn some usable tips, but alas... I'm not going to use my dirty shower water to wash my dishes.

Now, if there were a decent way to capture that water for use in the toilet, I might go for that!

But seriously! The money these people are saving, most guys here are saving on fuel alone lol

Frank Lee 11-29-2013 01:38 PM

The advert I saw for it showed, among other things, a guy emptying ketchup packets he absconded with from fast food joints into a ketchup bottle. Yeah, I bring those packets home too, but just use 'em as is.

wmjinman 11-29-2013 01:58 PM

Yeah, emptying them into a ketchup bottle sounds to me like a "made for tv moment". Why in hell sould anyone volunteer for the hassle of the ketchup bottle (and exert that much time & effort into it) when they already have it in the neat little packets?

whostean 11-29-2013 02:07 PM

Exactly!

It's clearly not as much about being efficient as it is about shocking the viewers.

Or maybe they just don't value their time at all. I value an hour of my time at more than the $3 they save squeezing out those packets. Lol

Arragonis 11-30-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 401304)
The advert I saw for it showed, among other things, a guy emptying ketchup packets he absconded with from fast food joints into a ketchup bottle. Yeah, I bring those packets home too, but just use 'em as is.

Either way buying a meal of "fast food" is actually really expensive vs buying ingredients and making your own meals at home.

With the money saved when you want to go out then really nice meals are more affordable. :cool:

(their Dosas are superb...)

Frank Lee 11-30-2013 02:33 PM

Man Donates Testicle To Science For Nissan 370Z

I nominate this guy for King!

Arragonis 11-30-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 401388)

Thats very cheap for a bollock, he should have held out for more.

My bollock donation list is far more ambitious, although I will have to get them back from Mrs A first...