EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Favorite Art - what inspires you ? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/favorite-art-what-inspires-you-31741.html)

Cd 04-14-2015 05:27 AM

Favorite Art - what inspires you ?
 
For me this morning it's anything from this site :STREET ART UTOPIA We declare the world as our canvas

I've been a long time fan of Banksy and ElMac :

Banksy :

http://www.mjoines.com/files/images/...angeles-la.jpg

http://www.streetartutopia.com/wp-co...3a10a89_o2.jpg

http://www.streetartutopia.com/wp-co...3a10a89_o2.jpg

El Mac : http://www.streetartutopia.com/wp-co...el_mac_17.jpeg
http://www.streetartutopia.com/wp-co..._el_mac_4.jpeg

What does any of this have to do with ecomodding ? Well...hmmm.. art is a good way to disguise your aero mods ! ;): http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...22_1419262.jpg

I have since added some (painted) gap fillers to the front wheels.

MetroMPG 04-14-2015 10:41 AM

OK, need more pictures of your car now. :)

Cd 04-14-2015 01:29 PM

Hmmm ...now i see why no images appear except the one of my car :

" The owner of this website (STREET ART UTOPIA We declare the world as our canvas) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/3782631801_d413a10a89_o2.jpg). "

Cd 04-14-2015 01:35 PM

Here is one that I can link to. Cracks me up every time : http://ct.weirdnutdaily.com/ol/wn/sw...092a1015b7.jpg

jamesqf 04-14-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cd (Post 475373)
For me this morning it's anything from this site :STREET ART UTOPIA We declare the world as our canvas

I've been a long time fan of Banksy and ElMac :

Please explain exactly how these "artists" differ from ordinary vandals.

Cd 04-14-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesqf (Post 475420)
Please explain exactly how these "artists" differ from ordinary vandals.

They don't wear knickers under their trousers.

Cd 04-14-2015 09:08 PM

Mind the gap
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 475389)
OK, need more pictures of your car now. :)

Mind the gap.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/a...nd_the_gap.jpg

( Gap filler on the front wheel. Need some on the rear as well. )

jamesqf 04-14-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cd (Post 475460)
They don't wear knickers under their trousers.

You know this how, exactly?

On second thought, perhaps I'd rather not know the answer :-)

Cd 04-14-2015 09:55 PM

:-)

How street art differs from graffiti, is that street art has the potential to make a person smile, or laugh.
It has the potential to make someone think of things in a different way, or appreciate something they normally never would.

It sometimes tells a political or moral message, and all in an easy to understand image.

Grafitti is something entirely different. This type of 'graffiti' is art, but for the masses.
If Banksy did his art on canvas, only a select few would see his art, and those few would be actively searching for it.
By doing his art in public places, he reaches a mass audience, many of whom would never see his work if he had kept it private.

So how street artist differ from ordinary vandals, is by uplifting a large percentage of the population - by giving them something as simple as a smile.

Vandals, on the other hand simply are there to torment the population.

Baltothewolf 04-14-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cd (Post 475470)
:-)

How street art differs from graffiti, is that street art has the potential to make a person smile, or laugh.
It has the potential to make someone think of things in a different way, or appreciate something they normally never would.

It sometimes tells a political or moral message, and all in an easy to understand image.

Grafitti is something entirely different. This type of 'graffiti' is art, but for the masses.
If Banksy did his art on canvas, only a select few would see his art, and those few would be actively searching for it.
By doing his art in public places, he reaches a mass audience, many of whom would never see his work if he had kept it private.

So how street artist differ from ordinary vandals, is by uplifting a large percentage of the population - by giving them something as simple as a smile.

Vandals, on the other hand simply are there to torment the population.

+1 I don't see street art covered up by paint, most business owners in L.A will leave good street art sprayed on their buildings.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com