EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   'Feynman-Hawking Stipulation' (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/feynman-hawking-stipulation-40562.html)

aerohead 10-28-2022 04:24 PM

'Feynman-Hawking Stipulation'

Been mostly on my back, in bed since October 9th.
One thing I could do was to 'read.'
I revisited Richard Feynman's lectures, and Stephen Hawking's books.
Inspired by, and in the spirit of their physics logic ,and respecting Ockham's Razor, I constructed this Feynman-Hawking-ism:
' The physical parameters necessary for the development and maintenance of attached flow cannot vary too far from where we actually find them.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' The fact that attached flow does not exist for all situations imposes constraints upon the situations in which it does.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'The coincidences of fully-attached flow are supported by a parametric environment which satisfies the condition required for them to exist.'
The laws governing attached flow form a system that is extremely fine-tuned, and very little in physical law can be altered without destroying the possibility for maintaining attached flow.'
'Each link in the chain, and its order in the chain is necessary.'
'Do not believe that any who examine the evidence would fail to draw the inference that the laws of attached flow have been deliberately designed with regard to the consequences they produce around a given shape.'
' Physical attributes of successful extant designs exist to inform design strategies for new endeavors.'

redpoint5 10-28-2022 04:44 PM

Sorry to hear that. You mentioned it was Covid, right?

My last round was rough. Went 3 days eating absolutely nothing, in a fever on the floor, getting up only to use the restroom or drink water. Couldn't even watch something on TV or listen to podcasts, so just listened to my breathing and let time pass.

aerohead 10-28-2022 05:09 PM

Covid?

Actually it was just me thinking that I was 14-years old!
I've been carrying 37-pounds of resource materials between a backpack and briefcase when I do EcoModder.
The City of Denton tore up the street I was parking on, pushing me out to 7-blocks from Copy-Pro.
I tried to scramble down into the road construction as a shortcut, both directions. While under load.
Everything was okay until 3:00 A.M. the next morning. Then it felt like my hernia repair surgery never happened.
It was 6-days before I could crawl into my yard to make my first phone call. The house is a Faraday cage, and the only place I can get a signal requires standing, which I couldn't do. I couldn't sit up at all.
Anyway, after 9-hours at the hospital yesterday, with X-rays and a CT scan, the best they can figure is that all five of my lumbar vertebrae had been fractured at some point, and twisting with bone spurs, while under load signaled my body to rebel!
Quite the message!
So, for any of my numbskulled friends who think they can still act like Superman, at 70, take heed!
I'll either smarten up, or pay the consequences.

freebeard 10-28-2022 07:01 PM

Oh, to be 70 again.... :)

I failed to shift a load from one hand to the other going down three steps and crippled myself for 4 months or so. So I can relate.

Piotrsko 10-29-2022 10:31 AM

Next year..... thanks for the warning.

Right now I can do anything I want, but pay triple the next day.

aerohead 11-17-2022 04:33 PM

'S-H-ism list'

I've concluded my remarks, and just added them at he original post.
PS, 'S-H' should have read 'F-H'

freebeard 11-17-2022 04:52 PM

I thought that there were more.

"The laws ... form a system that is extremely fine-tuned, and very little in physical law can be altered without destroying the possibility for maintaining attached flow.'"

This one needs work. 'Not nice to fool Mother Nature'?