EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Fifty-six push-ups, Ecomodder! :D (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/fifty-six-push-ups-ecomodder-d-30277.html)

Xist 10-19-2014 12:22 PM

Fifty-six push-ups, Ecomodder! :D

Hooah! :D

freebeard 10-20-2014 02:17 AM

You're not the boss of us.

Xist 11-01-2014 08:19 AM

Sir, I do not believe that you are tracking, I did 56 push-ups on my PT test! I did not take the time to explain because I needed to get back to work.

freebeard 11-01-2014 01:16 PM

Good for you; now get back to work. :)

jamesqf 11-01-2014 01:38 PM

Which PT test? IIRC, the ones I used to take didn't have pushups, just pullups, situps, and a 3 mile run.

mort 11-01-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesqf (Post 452908)
Which PT test? IIRC, the ones I used to take didn't have pushups, just pullups, situps, and a 3 mile run.

The Army (see here) is sit-ups, push-ups and 2 mile run.
The Navy (see here) is push-ups "crunches" and a 1.5 mile run. And swimming!
The Marines, pull-ups, crunches, 3 mile run.
The Air Force push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, 2 mile run.

I (before my heart surgery, August 13) could pass the the Army PT requirements, I could do the run in a passing time (which is slower the older you get), 50 sit-ups and 60 push-ups. Which is pretty good for 62 years. I'm changing to a Marines style test. Crunches are not so hard on your neck. I like to run, and 3 pull-ups take less time than 60 push-ups. I'm not allowed to do push-ups or pull-ups for a year.

I don't know Xist, but from his other posts, I gather he's a pretty big, muscular young guy. The more upper body you have the more weight you lift with each push-up, and sit-ups may actually be harder if your "core" is big and beefy. On the other hand, I'm a small frame skinny old dude. I work really hard to keep in shape. I'm very impressed with Xist's performance.

-mort

jamesqf 11-02-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mort (Post 452919)
The more upper body you have the more weight you lift with each push-up, and sit-ups may actually be harder if your "core" is big and beefy.

Or if (like me) your legs are short for your height. I literally can't do a situp unless I have something holding my feet: instead of 'up', I just sort of bend in the middle :-)

Xist 11-02-2014 05:14 PM

They had us do unassisted sit-ups in Basic. I had not thought that it was possible, but I have long and heavy legs, so I did fine.

However, we have been transitioning from Physical Training to Physical Readiness Training. Instead of real stretches we are doing yoga crap. I do not intend to disrespect yoga, but it seems like they had Soldiers hurting themselves stretching, so we do something easier, and often the workouts are also easier.

If I am not sweating, we are not conducting PT!

One exercise is supposed to be some kind of back stretch. Unfortunately, it seems to be more "put all of your weight on your groin."

We had one exercise where we were supposed to lie down, stretch out our legs, put our hands under our backs, and lift our legs or something, except I did not have the upper-body weight to keep my back on the floor, I could not help sitting up!

jamesqf 11-03-2014 12:29 AM

If your yoga is easy, you are not doing it correctly.

Frank Lee 11-03-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

The more upper body you have the more weight you lift with each push-up, and sit-ups may actually be harder if your "core" is big and beefy.
So that is why getting out of bed is so hard. :/