Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
naturalextraction

Finalizing multifuel turbo xj 500...fairing thoughts

It's been almost a year since posting this project. It has gone through many transformations and lots of testing and redesigns. After many modifications it's on what we feel is the final list of mods to getting it ready for more tests and show and tell. Due to proprietary crap, some technical information I wont get into. We're an R&D company only.

The basics of this Motorcycle is that it can run on gasoline grades, diesel, E-85, and available bio-fuels. The more internal chemical energy of the fuel the better mileage, technically, it will get. There are always many variables to MPG gains that are quantified during testing procedures, so far we have some decent averages. We'll be going out of state for BSFC testing as well as some other empirical testing. It's an ultra lean burn system where NOx is considerably lower than a typical LBS. Depending on the gasoline (yes they do vary from different refineries and the additives used) most always 100mpg or better depending on how much you can keep out of high boosting situations along with all the other variables.

So far the fairings have been a pain. We had hoped to not get crazy with the fairing as it's the induction system we're concerned with and not aesthetics. Although something decent would be nice. So the pictured is what I can release and was with a mock up from card board. We will be using Poly Carbonate (or we'd like to) instead of fiberglass. So we have, so far this "origami" type fairing idea. I don't mind the stealthy look and we do have a time table to get this done in. Pretty much open to ideas. We haven't really even ruled out a Dustbin "type" idea but the mid sides of the fairing must cover all the way down. In fact the engine is pretty much covered completely with isolated areas for air flow. I'll post an idea I had for the back as well. If you guys like the idea shown, please say so. Same goes for not. We need to get some eye's on it now. You can see it in a larger image at www.energyextraction.blogspot.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	proto4web.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	7504  

Last edited by naturalextraction; 12-11-2010 at 11:34 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

NinFo - '09 kawasaki ninja 250R
are you saying that this bike runs on gas and diesel? i'm sorry man, thats just not possible. it has to be one or the other. the engine combustion mechanics are different between the two. maybe i mis-understood?

Last edited by kawboyCAFE; 12-14-2010 at 01:56 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
naturalextraction

Sorry but it is. I've been doing this for going on 5 years now with this induction system. We use real science and physics. Our blog can give the reader an idea to how it may be done. It's about understanding the chemistry/molecular structures of these long chain hydrocarbon fuels and what conversion processes can take place to extract usable energy based on the application utilizing it. Understand it's the btu/energy available in the fuel and not conventional means in which it's delivered to the combustion source that is the difference. This system has more to due with extensive mathematical modeling regarding the SICE and the many variables and means in which it operates.

As I mention in the blog, it is critical that our testing methodology and practices are acceptable by any other university or government lab. (we are working with those from two universities and one national lab currently) Claims must be backed up by quantifiable and repeatable evidence. We are finalizing these project (just the technology not the bike's themselves) prototypes primarily marketed for DOE, DOD and a couple other government agencies, possibly other more public markets by next years end.

This bike is going to be merely a show and tell and for further testing.(which will include other labs in different states) It was a benefit having to down scale the proprietary technology due to the bikes size and that it is air cooled. So messing with the fairings is one of the last, pain in the butt things for some aesthetics and function. The SV650 will utilize it's original stock fairings.

Some things are not as impossible as you may have registered based on conventional or classical thinking. Testing and learning is continuous on so many levels. Thus why many technologies change from day to day as are break-through's and advancements. There are papers related to the extraction and utilization of different fuels in different combustion process including spark, in white papers on the SAE site and from MIT's Sloan School of Automotive Engineering. I made links that you can follow on the page that comes up in this other forum.

Last edited by naturalextraction; 12-13-2010 at 02:07 AM..
Old 12-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

uh, yeah. okay, sure man.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboyCAFE View Post
are you saying that this bike runs on gas and diesel? i'm sorry man, thats just not possible.
It is.
Multifuel engines have been around for a long time in the military.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

okay.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The fairing looks good to me. Since it's a demo prototype, I imagine it doesn't need things like headlights and turn signals. Looks functional.
Another option to consider would be trying to retrofit some more standard race fairings to it.

Very interested in the tech...
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
naturalextraction

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. The local cycle salvage yard didn't have anything that fit and could cover all I need. I'm just about done actually putting on the Poly Carbonate. I am installing two vertical bullet type headlamps. Turn signal indicators within the rear view mirrors. I have to drive this fairly extensively for some testing. In fact may drive it all the way to LA. in June. We'll see. Thanks again.

Reply  Post New Thread