EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   FINALLY got 50mpg !! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/finally-got-50mpg-5768.html)

Tetsuo 10-29-2008 07:55 AM

FINALLY got 50mpg !!

Well I finally did it, got a dream run with the traffic lights, very few cars on the road and over 223km I used only 10.5L of gas, which is 4.7L/100 or the good old 50mpg mark :)

I doubt I can improve very much on this tho' as I was EOC from 35mph to a dead stop at lights and using super granny acceleration techniques.

It's SO strange seeing people brutally accelerate to overtake me when a red light is only 1/6 of a mile away. They get there 10 secs before I coast up. Just seems so futile...

I'm looking forward to finishing building my MPGuino so I can get accurate long term mileage figures posted.

Daox 10-29-2008 09:52 AM

Very impressive!

MazdaMatt 10-29-2008 10:36 AM

congrats. I always find it funny when I'm driving at the speed limit and neutral coasting to a light way up there. People in the right lane behind me are leaping into the stream to my left, then when i get to the light, all those people are in a huge lineup on the left and i coast right past them to the line and go as the light turns green. Then i see them pile in behind me, get pissed off and go to the left again only to see me pass them in the right lane again at the next light. I don't "hypermile" i just don't accelerate up to stop.

Really futile is when people tailgate me till i get into a left turn lane, then they blast past me and hit the brakes. The bloody turn lane is only 100 feet long, do you seriously need to floor it for that distance to the light?

whitevette 10-29-2008 12:08 PM

Cereal box driver's license ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MazdaMatt (Post 69864)
congrats. I always find it funny when I'm driving at the speed limit and neutral coasting to a light way up there. People in the right lane behind me are leaping into the stream to my left, then when i get to the light, all those people are in a huge lineup on the left and i coast right past them to the line and go as the light turns green. Then i see them pile in behind me, get pissed off and go to the left again only to see me pass them in the right lane again at the next light. I don't "hypermile" i just don't accelerate up to stop.

Really futile is when people tailgate me till i get into a left turn lane, then they blast past me and hit the brakes. The bloody turn lane is only 100 feet long, do you seriously need to floor it for that distance to the light?

Hi, MM !
People are sheep, don't you know? They follow each other...become anxious, lose the minds they don't have, and do wonderfully stupid things !
I love dealing with "sheeple" ! Bah! :eek:

gascort 10-29-2008 08:27 PM

Congrats! How much did the MPGuino help you out?

Tetsuo 10-29-2008 08:35 PM

Ummmm my MPGuino is still a collection of parts, I have the power supply and the LCD sorted but no Arduino/Freeduino/iDuino yet. They are much more expensive in AUS and I can't get the one I want locally.