EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   First Tank of Ethanol free gas (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/first-tank-ethanol-free-gas-19227.html)

swampy2009 10-20-2011 11:00 PM

First Tank of Ethanol free gas

This past weekend I found a gas station with ethanol free gas (Gate, San Jose Blvd in Jax. Fl). I thought what the heck! I filled up, 70 cents more per gallon :^( I have never run ethanol free gas in my car before. It is a 2006 Camry 2.4L with 5 SP.

I noticed the difference right away and at one time was up to 47mpg avg. per the Scan Gauge on the 2 lane section of the trip. What a difference! I averaged 42.2mpg for the trip back and still have over half a tank left and over 300 miles. The last half of the trip was interstate at ~ 70mph.

I have never obtained this mileage on regular ethanol gas. I am thinking, wow, I am really doing good on the p&g. The trip was really fun! So if you have to take a long boring trip and need some amusement and encouragement fill up with some ethanol free gas. It does a hypermiler good! :^)

roosterk0031 10-21-2011 08:56 AM

In my experience SG needs to be recalibrated with different Ethanol percentages, I don't think you'll really know the difference until you refill.

gone-ot 10-21-2011 11:10 AM

+1 on the SGII "re-calibration."

TexasCotton 11-06-2019 06:59 PM

Good News

I have ethanol free fuel coming to a intersection near me....Murphy USA aka wally world fuel station .. is building a brand new station nearby amen

2016 Versa 11-07-2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasCotton (Post 611108)
I have ethanol free fuel coming to a intersection near me....Murphy USA aka wally world fuel station .. is building a brand new station nearby amen

Murphy in this area is 10% ethanol. That's where I buy most of my gas since it's only 3 miles from the house and is usually the cheapest in town.

TexasCotton 11-07-2019 01:00 AM

Good News

Ethanol free threads have listed and say go to pure gas list...wasted time though because mostly dated information. …

There is a mega fuel station north from me in Denton ,TX which supposedly has ethanol free pump (blue handle) aka name of "Bucees" … I may seek that out too...kinda a long drive for one fill up.

Am going look closer at new Murphy USA(Walmart) opening soon near me...

Ethanol may boost octane however, phase separation of E10 fuel though is not pretty...and ethanol deteriorates rubber/steel/seals …..the marine outboard motor industry lobbied against ethanol.

redpoint5 11-07-2019 01:23 AM

The only eth free fuel (premium) I know of is nearby to me, but it's $1.30 more than regular. At first glance I thought it was only 30 cents more...

I might give it a try one day just for kicks. The Acura specifies something like 90 octane, which regular is 87, mid is 89, and premium is 92. I've been putting regular in because mid grade is a ripoff (cheaper to just buy regular and then premium and let it mix in the tank.