EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Flat earther launched himself in a rocket. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/flat-earther-launched-himself-rocket-36320.html)

Xist 03-30-2018 10:41 PM

Flat earther launched himself in a rocket.

A man launched himself in a self-made rocket 1,875 feet above the desert to try and prove his theory that the Earth is flat.

Quote:

A man named “Mad Mike” Hughes launched himself in a self-made rocket to help prove his belief that the Earth is flat. Hughe’s rocket soared 1,875 feet off the ground end ended in a hard landing. Hughes, who launched his rocket near Amboy, California, pulled two parachutes while falling back to Earth. He called the result a “hard landing” and told the AP “I’ll feel it in the morning.” Mad Mike Acknowledged his rocket launch was dangerous, telling the AP “This thing wants to kill you 10 different ways.” It was not his first attempt at launching himself into space to prove his theory that the Earth is flat. Paramedics met Hughes after he plunged back to Earth—he was injured, but the type and severity of the injuries are unclear. “Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is. Do I know for sure? No. That’s why I want to go up in space,” he told the AP. He hopes to one day build a balloon that will take him 68 miles up to space.

Stubby79 03-30-2018 11:34 PM

The aliens didn't want him. I don't blame 'em.

hamsterpower 03-31-2018 07:03 AM

This guy could have spent about $200 to hire a small plane to take him 5 times higher any day of the week.

oil pan 4 03-31-2018 08:28 AM

Oh they say planes don't fly high enough to show the earth is really round.
A balloon and space capsule or pressure suite would be more effective. But they don't believe space is a vacuum.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 03-31-2018 09:01 AM

Oh, just another attention-seeker doing something stupid that won't ever prove he's right, because he isn't anyway.

Xist 03-31-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsterpower (Post 565355)
This guy could have spent about $200 to hire a small plane to take him 5 times higher any day of the week.

Yes, but he would have covered the pilot's eyes and said "Guess who!"

redpoint5 03-31-2018 12:05 PM

I've hiked much higher than that. I believe all of CO is at a higher elevation.

Still, that is a whole lotta guts (or lack of sense) to launch yourself in a rocket. I've lost about 25% of my hobby rockets, so imagining myself in one seems insane.

wdb 03-31-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 565383)
I've lost about 25% of my hobby rockets, so imagining myself in one seems insane.

Uhh, the guy thinks the earth is flat...

Xist 03-31-2018 03:32 PM

How can you lose your rocket when you are in it?! :)

slowmover 03-31-2018 05:55 PM

Prove he WAS in it. And that he’s who he says he is. That’s Step One.

Second is the money trail. Parallel to media coverage.

Why? (Any of it).