EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Flipped off at last! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/flipped-off-last-36239.html)

Frank Lee 03-11-2018 12:14 AM

Flipped off at last!

Sum Yung Gy took umbrage at my chosen cruise speed and saluted when he passed. I laughed but it did occur to me it took about 20 years of puttering around for it to finally happen. :D

The 2-lane road is pretty much all passing zone; it's not my fault breeders fill up the roads such that one can't pass at will.

Baltothewolf 03-11-2018 01:45 AM

I don't think he was flipping you off, he was calling you number one! :D

Fingie 03-11-2018 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltothewolf (Post 563433)
I don't think he was flipping you off, he was calling you number one! :D

its all about the attitude!

Frank Lee 03-11-2018 06:20 AM

I don't understand... since he's in front, he's #1. :confused: :D

ksa8907 03-11-2018 08:51 AM

I've been told I'm number one multiple times in a week, then again I do sometimes call-out and instigate idiot drivers.

wdb 03-11-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 563444)
I don't understand... since he's in front, he's #1. :confused: :D

And that's we he told you as he passed!

Natalya 03-11-2018 11:26 PM

Today on the highway some guy revved his engine as he drove past me. I passed him less than a minute later at the highway offramp because the light for his lane was red.

UFO 03-12-2018 03:26 PM

Congratulations on getting to the point where it is a laughing matter. I think I am finally getting to that point myself.

freebeard 03-12-2018 05:02 PM

Bragging about his sperm count?

Frank Lee 03-12-2018 05:04 PM

I LMAO because such a nothingburger effected him that much!

When I see people over-reacting to piddly things I say, "Gee I wish I was that person! Because if that was the worst thing in their day I would love to be them!"

mpg_numbers_guy 03-12-2018 08:16 PM

It is my daily amusement to watch cars race to red lights, while I coast and then zoom past them while they have to accelerate from 0. :D

jcp123 03-12-2018 09:09 PM

I've yet to receive the salute, though I've been honked at on the interstate. Where, you know, there's always a lane to the left in which you can pass.

mpg_numbers_guy 03-12-2018 09:13 PM

If only there was a way to recapture the lost gas people waste flooring it past you in exasperation that you could recirculate into your own tank.

Daschicken 03-15-2018 12:43 PM

I don't think i've been flipped off for going slow, I have been flipped off because I violently gestured the closely tailgating pickup behind me to get the F back. Have gotten a few hand flips, my favorite was when a BMW approached(far right lane) at 80-90 mph, clear left lane, and the braked hard and threw up his hand because I didn't change lanes for him. I have been honked for coasting to a red light, where the red wasn't going to change soon. I believe there was two lanes and the person ended up passing. I rolled through the light at 20 mph I think while the other person was stopped. I'm sure I saved the video from my dashcam.

When i'm on the bikes, people tone down the idiocy a lot. Makes me want to not drive cars cause they don't take me seriously.

Xist 03-15-2018 02:07 PM

I once had a guy flip me off, rear-end me, and then drive off. I got his license plate, but when the police showed up an hour later, they said the number did not exist.

I am regularly amazed by how greatly small things bother people. In the previous case, I came to a complete stop. Others go into a rage because I recklessly drive the speed limit. When I was at Fort Leonard Wood our Platoon Guy was marching us somewhere. One Soldier asked "What time is it [someone else's name?" I looked at my watch, but when I heard the other Soldier's name I minded my own business. A third Soldier, marching behind us, said "See?! That's why nobody likes you, Xist!" Then some nonsense about someone asking somebody else a question and I stayed quiet.

They normally complained if I spoke when they were not talking to me.

The Platoon Guy said "Yeah! Who likes you anyway?!"

"Yo mama."

I thought it was hilarious when he came at me and his friends jumped in, shouting "He's not worth it!"

I submit I had the lamest, most overused, and least mature comeback ever. It certainly did not dignify a response.

freebeard 03-15-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

The Platoon Guy said "Yeah! Who likes you anyway?!"

"Yo mama."
Cool Story, Bro.

MetroMPG 03-25-2018 10:46 AM

Late to the party!

I don't think I've ever been saluted, but I do remember one guy turning purple with rage, yelling and gesticulating wildly as I coasted towards a red light that everybody had to stop at.

This was a long time ago: pre-cell phone texting days. So it's not like he was in a hurry to stop so he could do a Facebook update.

Stubby79 03-25-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 564736)
Late to the party!

I don't think I've ever been saluted, but I do remember one guy turning purple with rage, yelling and gesticulating wildly as I coasted towards a red light that everybody had to stop at.

This was a long time ago: pre-cell phone texting days. So it's not like he was in a hurry to stop so he could do a Facebook update.

Reminds me a bit of when I did the flipping off, a year or so back...I pulled around some guy who was going slow in the fast lane. He honked at me for doing it. I flipped him off for being a dumbass twice over at this point.

He went psycho. Frotthing at the mouth, swerving all over the place, trying to push me off the road. Kept following me. At least until I pulled in to the police station.

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think being flipped off is something to get worked up over. Let alone that worked up. I usually just return the salute with a grin and keep on puttering away. :p

freebeard 03-25-2018 02:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEDK1zlNuyw

Stubby79 03-25-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeard (Post 564760)

Good answer! :thumbup:

jcp123 03-26-2018 08:07 PM

That looked staged, but hey, if it wasn't, nice response time on those brakes.

The neat thing about driving a truck is that everyone's already conditioned to expect your slowness. Nobody gets that pissed off! Although watching the antics from lack of lane discipline can be fun. Other times, if I'm lightly loaded or especially when bobtailing, they can be caught a bit off guard by how slow I'm not going.