EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Ford launches subcompact in Europe (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ford-launches-subcompact-europe-20858.html)

Frank Lee 03-06-2012 03:35 PM

Ford launches subcompact in Europe

Ford launches B-Max subcompact - Yahoo! News

Yeah, we might want that here in the U.S. too...

gone-ot 03-06-2012 03:55 PM

...which? the B-car or the plant closings?

jamesqf 03-06-2012 04:25 PM

Seems like someone is getting kinda conflicted. Consider this
Quote:

The subcompact B-Max, to be sold only in Europe... is aimed squarely at a demographic squeezed by government austerity measures.
versus this
Quote:

But Mulally said that to compete, automakers need to aggressively meet consumer demand. At the moment there is a strong appetite for small, sleek and sporty vehicles in Europe, he said. "Remember when smaller cars used to be cheap and cheerful? Now the consumers want the finest quality, the finest fuel efficiency, safety and design."
Seems to me that a lot of Europeans aren't much bothered by cost, but want to use less fuel for other reasons.

And I wouldn't mind having access to small, sleek, sporty, and fuel-efficient cars myself. But about the only way, short of tapping the 401K to buy a Lotus or Tesla, is to rebuild a CRX.

gone-ot 03-06-2012 05:19 PM

...can't speak for Mulallys' 'europeans,' but I have never walked into a car dealership and said "...just give me a piece of fugly crap that's not safe and gets lousy gas milage..." -- have you?

tjts1 03-06-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 291660)
...can't speak for Mulallys' 'europeans,' but I have never walked into a car dealership and said "...just give me a piece of fugly crap that's not safe and gets lousy gas milage..." -- have you?

Ehhh thats pretty much all americans ever buy. Have you ever looked at a parking lot in this country?

greenkz 03-06-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjts1 (Post 291663)
Ehhh thats pretty much all americans ever buy. Have you ever looked at a parking lot in this country?

exactly:thumbup:

gone-ot 03-06-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjts1 (Post 291663)

...can't park what you can't buy!

...it's simple: Junk into the showroom, junk out onto the lot.

...Detroit won't make it, and Gobberment won't let you import it.

Piwoslaw 03-08-2012 01:50 AM

They say: Vote with your money. But you can't buy what they don't sell.

RunningStrong 03-08-2012 09:10 AM

I didn't think the European Fusion was a strong seller at least in the UK. So I'm not sure how well this will be received. It could certainly steal sales from the Modus and Note but ot really is an odd class of Fiesta/Clio/Micra-on-stilts.

A.J. 03-08-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 291669)
...Detroit won't make it, and Gobberment won't let you import it.

I'd love to find a way to import a EuroV 3-cylinder engine and swap it into say an Echo or Yaris.
Too bad Quebec is soon going to start testing emissions, otherwise the "DMV" would have never known :D