EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   General Efficiency Discussion (https://ecomodder.com/forum/general-efficiency-discussion.html)
-   -   Ford Motor Company (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ford-motor-company-4082.html)

Johnny Mullet 07-26-2008 11:15 PM

Ford Motor Company

Ford reported a 8.67 Billion dollar loss for the second quarter

They will be switching the Louisville Ky Navigator and Expedition plant to a small car based on the European Focus frame.

The Ranger light truck's demise has been postponed til at least 2011 due to it showing a sales decrease of 8% versus the entire light truck market showing a 18% decrease.

The Ford plant in Mexico City is being retooled to build the European Fiesta small car.

Ford will also import the Ford Transit Connect from Turkey.

Also for 2010 possibly as late as 2011 Ford said they will bring the European Focus to the US along with the Ford Kuga and possibly the Mondeo.

Link

Arminius 07-27-2008 01:08 AM

It doesn't make me happy. However, bankruptcy will just be a way of dealing with their debt. If they do so, they will return with the weight off their shoulders and a big stick for the unions.

Arminius 07-27-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDeuceCoupe (Post 48015)
Hello?!?!?

Turkey and Mexico don't have labor unions!

Exactly my point. The debt they now carry because of past agreements is being serviced by making cars in the US. That will change.

Quote:

Ford can eat sh!t and die, as far as I'm concerned... dittos for GM! :thumbup:
Not very articulate, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

cfg83 07-27-2008 03:24 AM

BlackDeuceCoupe -

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDeuceCoupe (Post 48012)
Ford and GM are on the verge of bankruptcy - too little, too late, I'm afraid!

Want A LINK.

I don't know about you, but that makes me happy! :)

Just curious, but as a union rep, how does that make you happy?

CarloSW2

Arminius 07-27-2008 03:57 AM

60% of government revenue goes towards paying for government entitlements and debts, and the imbalance is growing faster each year. The peak oil threat is a puppy dog of a threat compared to what is coming, due to the increasing debt. Everyone better hope and pray that every company that doesn't manufacture here at least has a headquarters here so that they can pay more taxes. If you aren't going to be retirement age within the next 10 years, you're screwed. Enter the mother of all depressions.

Save yourselves. Or at least wish the best for those who can help you.

This is not meant to be a political statement (which is not allowed on this forum). It is an economic reality. I do not wish to start a discussion of politics or political solutions, so save that for another forum. Wish ill on no one.

Will 07-27-2008 06:39 AM

I hop Ford can adjust to the changing demands. It would be a shame to lose such a historic company.