EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Free electric car!!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/free-electric-car-11519.html)

botsapper 12-21-2009 12:18 PM

Free electric car!!!

Free Electric Car | Just Drive Electric - Welcome to my Online Store

Easiest way to get E-started??? Ya got till the end of the 2009 year. In 1998, NHTSA designated the NEV(Neighborhood E Vehicle) as a street legal vehicle for road use. Enjoy your new neighbor-friendly eco vehicle. But ya gotta pay for shipping charges Pacific/Zone 1-$395, Central/Zone 2 -$495 & Eastern/Zone 3-$595. FOB Los Angeles or pickup /flatbed your own.

Merry Christmas!!!

dcb 12-21-2009 12:48 PM

Not free, give them 7 grand, hope you get 5 of it back, hope you get a cart too. Not sure I would pay 2 grand for a golfcart unless I lived in seniorville.

"The foregoing has been prepared for the general information of potential customers and should not be construed as legal, tax or financial advice and should not be acted upon without professional counsel. Potential customers are advised with this notice to seek council and advice from a tax accountant or attorney regarding their specific facts and circumstances."

Christ 12-21-2009 01:17 PM

Yeah, not everyone will qualify for that tax credit. In fact, it would get me into trouble, seeing as how I won't be filing income this year.

A little more clarity would be nice.

dcb 12-21-2009 01:22 PM

considering you can get the same carts for like $1500, it is a total ripoff no matter how you slice it.

Christ 12-21-2009 01:24 PM

Yeah, they are just golf carts, also... I figured they might have something other than the two carts listed on the front page.. after some looking, obviously they do not.

alohaspirit 12-21-2009 02:16 PM

lol @ free electric golf cart

they couldve at least put a "car-like" shell on

http://www.freeelectriccar.com/images/landing_image.jpg

botsapper 12-21-2009 02:21 PM

AKA 'Cash for Clubbers'!!!

This electric...erm, golf cart (drain) fiasco just exemplifies the ridiculous tax policies when politicians dole out loopholes & faux credits in the name of 'fuel efficiency'. This community has a stake to that aim but insisting these absurdities have no long-term effect on efficacious investment or development in e-technologies. The consequences are elevated taxes to temporarily prop 'feel good' media opportunities.

By the way, slightly better market leader GEM is also in the game, Global Electric Motorcars

Christ 12-21-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botsapper (Post 149203)
AKA 'Cash for Clubbers'!!!

This electric...erm, golf cart (drain) fiasco just exemplifies the ridiculous tax policies when politicians dole out loopholes & faux credits in the name of 'fuel efficiency'. This community has a stake to that aim but insisting these absurdities have no long-term effect on efficacious investment or development in e-technologies. The consequences are elevated taxes to temporarily prop 'feel good' media opportunities.

By the way, slightly better market leader GEM is also in the game, Global Electric Motorcars

GEM are also little more than glorified golf carts, but at least they have enclosure kits available for them. They also aren't designed to be anything more than city cars. I checked one out up here that was for sale for $4,000. I'd have bought it, but it wouldn't do me any good where I'm at. If I was that worried about getting anywhere in town, I'd walk or bike.

adamj12b 12-21-2009 02:25 PM

Im actually doing the same mods to my golf cart that they did to theirs to make it street legal.

The law says it must have Headlights, Tail Lights, Brake Lights, Directionals, Seat Belts, and a Wind Shield. With these things I will be able to drive it anywhere in Massachusetts on roads posted 30MPH and lower.

I can actually make it to both my family and my wife's family's house and the grocery store within these restrictions.

-Adam

botsapper 12-21-2009 02:39 PM

The temperate & southern states with urban centers as well as large suburban enclaves could well be populated be e-carts for very short range use. Many families still have simple neighborhood school pooling, grocery getting & soccer field deliveries. Solo driving with urban security patrols, parcel deliveries & pizza boy downtown racers.