Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2021, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

1995 civic lx with d15z1 vx swap

Running project car.

I apologize for a long post.

Due to a relocation I’m selling my unfinished project. Originally I had a VX that I was slowly upgrading while using it as daily driver. I got rear ended and took out the running drivetrain and suspension to swap into the LX sedan (wanted 4 doors). Prior to installing it into the LX, I did the following.
The engine has all new seals, timing belt, water pump, clutch (flywheel was cleaned up at the machine shop), motor mounts, spark plus, wires, injectors were cleaned and balanced by a shop, original cv joins rebuilt by a driveshaft shop with premium component. The following components have 40k miles since I installed/rebuilt them while they were in the VX - suspension and all around disk brakes are from integra, all bushings were upgraded to hardrace, bistein struts and eibach springs, wheel bearings were replaced, adjustable hardrace front upper control arms, adjustable rear camber and toe arms. VX was an attempt for a hyper mpg car, no performance parts were planned/installed on the engine, the upgraded suspension and brakes, including an addition of ABS, was to compensate for low rolling resistance tires (from Honda Insight), i.e. less traction. Car is currently unfinished and but is running. Dash is installed, as well as, everything under the hood. Clutch and brakes need to be bled. AC needs to be vacuumed and charged. All were working in VX prior to swap. Interior of the LX was originally brown, I was in the process of converting it to grey. Door panels are installed. I found a carpet and had it professionally cleaned (not installed) with little to no wear. Seats are original and currently not installed, i.e. only dash and door panels are installed. Odometer from VX shows 196k miles, I’m the second owner and bought it with 69k miles. Since my ownership, I used Mobil1 oil in the engine and Honda transmission fluid. Both changed regularly. I have receipts for most components (some were bought in private sales) and shop work. Car currently has steel wheels. Exterior of the car is white. No rust anywhere.

This project has a significant amount of money invested in it and no corners were cut (most parts are genuine Honda or equal).
Unfinished projects are not desirable since they come with many unknowns to a buyer and usually come at a significant loss to the seller.
My time driven price is $1500.

Some extra parts I have available for extra cost:
Grey leather from/rear seats in great condition from integra sedan.
Brand new grey floor mats.
14 inch SSR lightweight (9.5 lbs) wheels that I had on VX.
4 new Bridgestone tires (165/65/14).
Honda Insight wheels (also had on VX)
Natural gas conversion kit with tank (that was also planned for this project).

I can provide further info/pictures to those, who are interested.
Car is located in Tampa, Florida. I have access to commercial transport and can assist with shipping.

Last edited by giperbolic; 03-20-2021 at 09:06 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread