Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 102

Padme - '08 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 35.78 mpg (US)

Honey - '08 honda civic LX
90 day: 29.13 mpg (US)
Thanks: 82
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
You mean the full-size Transit or the Connect? The Connect has roughly the same footprint of previous generations of the traditional American minivan, yet it's slightly taller.
The connect. They have a wagon version that has a 3rd row. Seems like a great little car. Pretty affordable even new starting at 27k.

I really do need to compare the footprint because if itís the same as a normal Honda or Toyota minivan then I would lean going larger.

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 09-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 10,118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,203 Times in 1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broski499 View Post
They have a wagon version that has a 3rd row.
The only one I have seen in my hometown is of that version, and it was used by the local U.S. Consulate.


Quote:
I really do need to compare the footprint because if itís the same as a normal Honda or Toyota minivan then I would lean going larger.
Its footprint is smaller than current generations of minivans, either from the American or Japanese automakers, but it's comparable to some minivans from the '90s which were still quite mini
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason
 
JSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PDX
Posts: 2,317

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)

Dieselgate - '14 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
90 day: 38.24 mpg (US)
Thanks: 170
Thanked 1,278 Times in 880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
You mean the full-size Transit or the Connect? The Connect has roughly the same footprint of previous generations of the traditional American minivan, yet it's slightly taller.
Transit Connect LWB





  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
High Altitude Hybrid
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Gunnison, CO
Posts: 822

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Thanks: 461
Thanked 239 Times in 179 Posts
I guess in my mind the Transit Connect is the modern Chevy Astro and Ford Aerostar. Maybe that's a far fetched comparison. It always seemed the Astro and Aerostar were closer to minivans in size but got full sized van fuel mileage.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist
 
redpoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,380

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 28.24 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 27.07 mpg (US)
Thanks: 3,254
Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,670 Posts
I kept joking that a used limo would make the most sense as a family hauler, but I'm joking less and less these days. Would be sweet to find a stretch Prius with privacy glass so the noise can be confined in back.

Pacifica plug-in is on my radar since in Oregon it qualifies for up to $10k in subsidies. I went on a road trip with friends and thought it was nice.

CyberTruck looks interesting as a 6-seater, but I've never spent more than $16k on a vehicle before. Hard to justify spending 3x that amount on a vehicle.

Probably most realistic for me when the time comes is a used Tesla Model S.



Maybe the Model X will come down in price someday.

__________________
Gas and Electric Vehicle Cost of Ownership Calculator







Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
High Altitude Hybrid
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Gunnison, CO
Posts: 822

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Thanks: 461
Thanked 239 Times in 179 Posts
Ditto on the Model S design.

I'm not sure I'd want another electric car though any time soon.
__________________

Last edited by Isaac Zachary; 09-10-2021 at 08:57 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason
 
JSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PDX
Posts: 2,317

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)

Dieselgate - '14 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
90 day: 38.24 mpg (US)
Thanks: 170
Thanked 1,278 Times in 880 Posts
I don't know your purchase window but used car prices are crazy right now. The Transit Connect is due for a redesign next year. It is moving to the C2 platform and production is moving from Spain to Mexico. (It will share a platform and assembly plant with the Bronco Sport and Maverick)

When the 3rd gen launches that might drop the price on the 2nd gen vans (2014 - 2022) The Transit Connect got a refresh and new 2.0L engine paired to an 8-speed auto for 2019. That bumped the combined fuel economy from 22 to 26 mpg with a big boost to city mileage (19 -> 24 mpg)
  Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
broski499 (09-13-2021), Isaac Zachary (09-10-2021), samwichse (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 02:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 10,118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,203 Times in 1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
I guess in my mind the Transit Connect is the modern Chevy Astro and Ford Aerostar.
Not as overbuilt as the Astro and Aerostar may seem at a first glance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 102

Padme - '08 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 35.78 mpg (US)

Honey - '08 honda civic LX
90 day: 29.13 mpg (US)
Thanks: 82
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I don't know your purchase window but used car prices are crazy right now. The Transit Connect is due for a redesign next year. It is moving to the C2 platform and production is moving from Spain to Mexico. (It will share a platform and assembly plant with the Bronco Sport and Maverick)

When the 3rd gen launches that might drop the price on the 2nd gen vans (2014 - 2022) The Transit Connect got a refresh and new 2.0L engine paired to an 8-speed auto for 2019. That bumped the combined fuel economy from 22 to 26 mpg with a big boost to city mileage (19 -> 24 mpg)
No rush. We only have two kiddos now, I just like planning ahead. Knowing how much I need to save. I like buying with cash. If one of our cars decides to die then I like to know what my options are. Would rather just buy a larger car knowing Iíll need to space in a year or two. I keep cars a long time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason
 
JSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PDX
Posts: 2,317

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)

Dieselgate - '14 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
90 day: 38.24 mpg (US)
Thanks: 170
Thanked 1,278 Times in 880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broski499 View Post
No rush. We only have two kiddos now, I just like planning ahead. Knowing how much I need to save. I like buying with cash. If one of our cars decides to die then I like to know what my options are. Would rather just buy a larger car knowing Iíll need to space in a year or two. I keep cars a long time.
I'm a cash buyer too - I start saving for the next car the month after I buy a car.

  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
broski499 (09-14-2021)
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com