EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Fuel's Gold (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/fuels-gold-1409.html)

AXMonster 03-14-2008 04:28 PM

Fuel's Gold

A UK tv programme titled as per thread title has just been broadcast on ITV1's 'Tonight' series.

Shows the public how to save fuel and evaluates 6 different methods.... now that petrol (gasoline) is hitting £1.07 a litre ($8.70 a US Gallon). Diesel is even higher!!!

The highest gain was 30% due to servicing a car that had never been serviced!
Second was 27% decrease in fuel used by changing driving style.
All other tests were not conducted in any repeatable or measureable way, so were not really worth reporting on LOL. Still, at least it gets people thinking Eco :)

The UK is expecting over £5 a UK gallon ($9.45 US gallon) very soon :eek:

Should be available at a torrent soon :thumbup:

SVOboy 03-14-2008 05:01 PM

Sweet! Post it up when we can see it, :)

Peakster 03-14-2008 05:04 PM

My gawd. Is the high fuel price in the United Kingdom negatively effecting its economy? I'd like to know how the UK is functioning with prices like those because we all know if $8.70+ a gallon for fuel happened here in Canada or the United States, everyone would be screaming in the streets.

"Now we're DYING!"

AXMonster 03-14-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakster (Post 14262)
My gawd. Is the high fuel price in the United Kingdom negatively effecting its economy?

Its going to force the country into a recession, no doubt about it :(

Over 60% of what we pay is tax, and the government nearly increased it by the equivalent of 16 cents a US gallon a few days ago..... but they had a change of heart after the MASSIVE oposition country wide!

Gone4 03-14-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakster (Post 14262)
My gawd. Is the high fuel price in the United Kingdom negatively effecting its economy? I'd like to know how the UK is functioning with prices like those because we all know if $8.70+ a gallon for fuel happened here in Canada or the United States, everyone would be screaming in the streets.

"Now we're DYING!"

It seems from the three friends I have over there they all make and conversely spend more simply because the cost of living is higher. Exchange rate isn't the entire name of the game. However, I don't have numbers to prove this, so take it with a grain of salt. Its like moving from the midwest to NYC. You'll pay more and make more.

I say we tax fuel here till it gets up there, use the money for public transportation, and let people run through the streets. Maybe then they'll lose some weight too :P

Peakster 03-14-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenKreton (Post 14272)
I say we tax fuel here till it gets up there, use the money for public transportation, and let people run through the streets. Maybe then they'll lose some weight too :P

I laughed hysterically after reading that. Priceless!

metroschultz 03-14-2008 09:07 PM

Count me IN

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenKreton (Post 14272)

I'm all for that.
I need to lose the weight.:o
I saw in one of the threads where it was said that there are seen big people in the bigger cars.
I've got to get a picture of Buddha and Myself going off to work on when It is my turn to drive.:eek:
I am sure together we max out the Metro's carrying capacity.
Seriously I would love to see the Gubmint tax the living He!! out of gas and use the money intelligently for Public Transportation Projects.
But
As we all know
There is no intelligence in Gubmint
Alak, & Alas,
Woe is me,
Boo Hoo,
S.

metroschultz 03-14-2008 09:09 PM

Ha Ha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peakster (Post 14274)
I laughed hysterically after reading that. Priceless!

You'll laugh even harder if I ever get that picture up.
I weigh in @ 265
Buddha weighs 350 (easy)

AXMonster 03-15-2008 04:32 AM

Here's a link to the programme. Select Fuel's Gold: Tonight 14/03/2008

http://www.itv.com/Watchnow/CatchUp/default.html