EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   Gas saving is like a game to me :D (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/gas-saving-like-game-me-d-25529.html)

TheFamilySign 04-12-2013 10:00 PM

Gas saving is like a game to me :D

So i used to floor my honda civic everywhere i went. when i kept losing "Races" i stopped wanna be racing and then realized my car is meant to be a gas saver, so i filled up and got 35 mpg 95%hwy other is city
that was mixed tires, low psi, bad control arm bushing, and two back tires
then with better driving habbits i got better and better mpg
saw 36 and 37 then 39.
anyways little by little i been fixing my civic up and recently i just scored 42mpg!!! got 325 miles and the gas autoshut off at like 7.7 i still need to replace my bumper and hood. and a the power steering pump.
this is freaking awesome.
anything else i can do to get better mpg? low cost/free cost

its a honda civic 95 dx sedan, 144,440 miles on it 5 speed
oil change is due soon, thinking of replacing the air filter,

mcrews 04-12-2013 10:30 PM

Gotta savd up for a scangauge!

It's like a LIVE video!!!!!!

see ling in my sig

Flakbadger 04-13-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFamilySign (Post 366426)
anything else i can do to get better mpg? low cost/free cost

-Pump your tires up! Mine are sitting at 42 PSI right now, sidewall maximum is 44.
EDIT: Make sure you check your specific tires for their sidewall maximum BEFORE you inflate them! Overinflating a tire is extraordinarily dangerous.

-Make your next oil change synthetic! It costs a bit more, but believe me it pays off. Car runs smoother and you can wait a lot longer to change your oil (Unless you have an oil leak, in which case the synthetic will just run right out of it!). The added benefit is less resistance in your engine parts, making better MPG.

-Definitely change your air filter if it's time. No reason not to.
EDIT: Unless you meant change it to a cold-air intake, in which case don't. It has been proven many times over that they do not increase efficiency except at wide-open-throttle, and how often does an eco-driver do that?

-While not technically "low cost," a Scan or Ultra gauge is an incredible tool and will most assuredly pay for itself over time, especially since you can transfer it from vehicle-to-vehicle.

Arragonis 04-13-2013 04:31 PM

+1 for the tyres, +1 for the SG2 or UG. +/-1 fr the oil - check your specific engine can run on fully synth first - some engines prefer a mix.

Technique will get you the most benefit, and a SG2/UG will help you there.

AndrzejM 04-14-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 366429)
Gotta savd up for a scangauge!

It's like a LIVE video!!!!!!

see ling in my sig

I think SG II won't work with 95DX, so probably MPGuino would be a better option.