Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Burner - '93 Volkswagen Golf TD GL
90 day: 42.13 mpg (US)
Civic VX, aka. Lean Burn Civics equivalent in Canada?

Which of the Canadian civics have lean burn? There are some half decent 1996-1998 civics around me these days. But which one would I get if I want to get in the 50+ MPG zone? There doesn't seem to be a such thing as a Civic VX here, and there sure isn't anything called an HX either.

When I was in high school I had a 1993 Civic LX 4 door sedan. I recall that my summer time figures hovered around 15km/L, which was my measurement at the time. That converts to 35MPGUS, which was great because I was 17 and drove the *** off that car. Hypermiling hadn't been invented at that time. That car had a 1.5L D15Z engine, or something like that, and I assume it had lean burn?

That engine did not have vtec. Are the non-vtec engines the one I should be looking for?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

2 x wrecked vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
Team Honda
90 day: 62 mpg (US)
Civic vx 1992-1995. Hatchback/5 speed only. Just type civic vx in kijiji and try different provinces. They were sold new in Canada and were actually made in Allison Ont. Not many left because of the rust. At least consider a Federal US car if you are looking for one. Easy to import as they are more than 15 years old. Keep it rust free and drive cheap forever

Civix hx , I don't think so.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbothrush For This Useful Post:
BurningDinosaurBones (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Burner - '93 Volkswagen Golf TD GL
90 day: 42.13 mpg (US)
I was hoping that they still made them in 96+ so that I could use the scan gauge. I've been waiting for quite a while to get a vehicle that I can put a scan gauge on lol.

Anyway there is only one non-B18-Frankensteined Civic VX for sale in Canada and it is an 11 hour drive away from me. They also want about 4 times the price of a "normal" 5th gen civic, go figure. It would probably be cheaper to find a vx engine and swap it into a normal civic. Might look into that.

Reply  Post New Thread