Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModder Blog Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Electric Star Wars Landspeeder is DIY Nerd-Dream

Electric Star Wars Landspeeder is DIY Nerd-Dream | Hypermiling, Fuel Economy, and EcoModding News - EcoModder.com

Quote:

Not only is it electric, but it’s a DIY Landspeeder! Does it get any better than that? Daniel Deutsch used to work for Lucasfilm, but now he’s spending his time putting together perfect R2D2 replicas and building electric Landspeeders. With a top speed of 25 mph it’s definitely no weekday commuter, but it’s perfect for driving around town with the top down and confusing the neighbors.

I wish we had more information about the electric drive system, but according to Daniel it can go several miles on a single battery charge. Because the frame is made of aluminum and the body fiber glass, we can safely assume it’s fairly light, so it’s possible that it could be operated using a beefy golf cart set up or something to that effect. The fact that this is an electric vehicle is not only sweet, but goes well with those fond memories of Luke and Obi-Wan Kenobi buzzing across the sand on Tatooine.

Either way, I think nothing says it better than the “White and Nerdy” music overlay in the video on his homepage. Click on over to see more pictures of the Landspeer and Daniel’s other projects.

If you liked this post, sign up for out RSS Feed for automatic updates.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red
Master EcoModder

Awesomeness
Old 09-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
mmm, nerdy to the extreme, but I bet lots of Star Wars fans would RAWK IT!

I should get to work on my Kamm back

Reply  Post New Thread