EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Geo Metro XFi Engines/Parts For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/geo-metro-xfi-engines-parts-sale-16391.html)

xfiherd 03-10-2011 01:50 AM

Geo Metro XFi Engines/Parts For Sale

Hi Everyone,

I belong to a lot of MPG type forums but for some reason have never signed up here until now (though I've looked at it a lot)

I'm toning down my XFi collection if anyone is interested:

Complete XFi motor (no extra trans, sorry) $350.00 (I have 3 extras, all priced the same. all 3 ran when pulled, but I honestly can't remember how well. I always assume 1.0L need valve jobs. Good time to do it is before install)

XFi cam: $40.00+shipping

XFi Computer: $25.00+shipping (I have two extra)

I also have two complete rust free Geo Metro XFi's with a third I'm keeping for myself. 94 blue, needs the engine gone through. 92 teal green w/ a complete engine rebuild 5k miles ago, 5th gear needs double clutching to shift. New tires. Both rust free.

Located in Duluth, Mn.

I'll probably get around to listing them on eBay this summer if they don't find homes first.

Thanks,
Brenton

redneck 03-10-2011 05:55 AM

I would be interested in a cam.

pm sent

>

Boris 03-10-2011 06:10 AM

I would be interested in buy one of your Metro XFI's. I would give it a good home :) you can contact me via shane.mccray@yahoo.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

sjr 03-10-2011 08:51 AM

I have a regular metro will that cam and computer fit with no mods and work ? Scott , PM sent

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 10:31 AM

I will buy all available cams and one engine and all available computers, plus I am extememly interested in one of the cars, preferably the teal green with the bad tranny. I would buy two engines if the weight was manageable in the car and we could fit two. Or perhaps if I decide not to buy the car depending on shipping. I can send money today. Car would depend on price and I would like to see photos. Would have to make it to West Coast. Craig McLaughlin three six oh five five six six six seven two or cdmclaughlin @ comcast.net.

xfiherd 03-10-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck (Post 224596)

I would be interested in a cam.

pm sent

>

Ok, you got it. Paypal?

$10 bucks shipping should get it anywhere in the lower 48.

Thanks,
Brenton

xfiherd 03-10-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjr (Post 224617)
I have a regular metro will that cam and computer fit with no mods and work ? Scott , PM sent

Hello, yeap, the cam and computer are plug and play. You're second in line for the cam, but one of the computers is yours if you want it.

I have paypal. $10 bucks shipping if that works for you.

Thanks,
Brenton

xfiherd 03-10-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin (Post 224635)
I will buy all available cams and one engine and all available computers, plus I am extememly interested in one of the cars, preferably the teal green with the bad tranny. I would buy two engines if the weight was manageable in the car and we could fit two. Or perhaps if I decide not to buy the car depending on shipping. I can send money today. Car would depend on price and I would like to see photos. Would have to make it to West Coast. Craig McLaughlin three six oh five five six six six seven two or cdmclaughlin @ comcast.net.

Hello,

I should say, I'm the metro madness guy from a couple years ago in St. Cloud, Mn who NPR did a story on and went viral. google my name: Brenton Netz to confirm. I looks like I can't post the link until I get my posts here.

It looks like the cam will be spoken for, but I do have a computer left (this is assuming those ahead of you come through.)

Teal 92 XFi: I bought this one in Sacramento approx. 3 years ago. It was a life long Nor-Cal metro (zero rust) and hasn't been driven since I parked it. At one time I had 15 XFi's in my back yard, I'm down to the 3, and getting down to to 1 or 2 keepers. Pros: The engine was completely gone through right before I bought it. An engine mount broke, the fella was pushed over the edge and bought an Echo (can't blame him) I flew in to sac with a mount in my bag, used the tire jack to lift up the 1.0L fixed and drove home to Mn. When the engine dropped an axle must have slightly damaged the 5th gear sync, hence the double clutching only in 5th. The windshield is cracked, it has a couple small dings here and there, the tires are (were) new and assume still good. It's buried in a bit of snow, and parked in St. Cloud at my ex's house, so difficult to post pics at the moment. I have boxes of metro parts, buyer would drive away as they want it for $2500 or bring a tow-bar/trailer and shovel and $1500 and take her away as is.

Blue 94 XFi: This one is parked on the side of my house here in Duluth, Mn. Last year of the XFi and nice color. Orig. from North Carolina. Car is complete, but needs a complete engine overhaul. head is toast. rings are bad and various oil leaks. All glass is good, not a speak of rust and interior is near perfect. Bring a tow-bar/trailer and shovel and $1500 and she's yours. Which ever one doesn't sell will become my back-up to my 89 XFi daily driver.

All three have seen mid-50 MPG's first hand with moderate effort. I've pulled 67MPG in another XFi lost since sold.

I also have a base 1.0L and trans. Both $300 (as pair) if interested. Yes, I've hauled at least two 1.0L's and various parts plus a canoe on top of an over-burdened metro before. Take it slow and should be no problem.

Last time I counted there's at least 5 complete XFi motors in my shed, only one extra trans which is my back up.

Thanks,
Brenton

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 06:38 PM

Follow up

Looks like cam is gone and one computer left. Definitely want that. Please, Engine yould probably make sense only if I got the car. I can send money by paypal for computer and we can discuss the other items.

xfiherd 03-10-2011 06:43 PM

okay, whatever you want eh. It's funny, I'll be out in Port Townsend this next week with my boat. :)

Which car do you want? How do you plan to fetch it? A few more posts and I can post my personal contact info. Security measures! :)

Brenton

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 06:48 PM

Drive away as desired in fully running, double clutching Teal XFI for $2500, plus one motor at $350 and the computer at $25. Why are the windshields always broken on these cars???? With email I can send you payment tonight for motor, computer and earnest money on the car.

redneck 03-10-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfiherd (Post 224739)
Ok, you got it. Paypal?

$10 bucks shipping should get it anywhere in the lower 48.

Thanks,
Brenton

Cool...:cool:

Paypal is no problem. I sent you a pm with my email address. Just let me know how you want to do this.

Thanks

>

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 06:51 PM

More details

My first post has phone and email, so we can take this off line if you want. I would fly in and assume it can be readied to be driven back.

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 08:28 PM

additional thoughts

I suppose I should ask what the miles are on the body even if the engine was rebuilt and I am planning to rebuild the tranny? Also, am I correct in assuming that the synchro on this is the same as any other tranny (and therefore not hard to find), that only the gearing is different?

xfiherd 03-10-2011 09:27 PM

That's all doable. When would you want to do this? Remember, we're just now coming out of serious winter, and there's still snow everywhere. I tend to work anyway, but it ain't fun, especially for west coasters :)

If you want to chat about details further, feel free to call me.

530-210-5347

xfiherd 03-10-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin (Post 224775)
I suppose I should ask what the miles are on the body even if the engine was rebuilt and I am planning to rebuild the tranny? Also, am I correct in assuming that the synchro on this is the same as any other tranny (and therefore not hard to find), that only the gearing is different?

If I'm remembering correctly the tealy has approx. 170K. You might want to research trans rebuilding, it's probably the single most complicated and difficult task one could take on. Somewhere out on the web is a great write up about it, done by a retired doctor, and it was a chore to say the least. Yes, the final drive gear is the only difference. If it were me, I would find a another trans. I should go over to the yard near here, there was an xfi in the crush pile before the snows came, thy wanted $200 for the trans if I remember. Might already be gone though. They're still out there, but you might have to pick it up on the way back west via a route. Check Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market too if you haven't already.

Brenton

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 09:35 PM

Tranny

Found one already around here. Just want to make sure the one in it now gets be home. Then I want to learn on the old one as time permits--no hurry.

xfiherd 03-10-2011 09:37 PM

Good idea. Yes, the one in it now will probably go another 100K as is with typical gentleness Metros require anyway. It has new syncromesh too..an attempt to fix the problem.

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 09:46 PM

hmmm

Any idea why the new synchro didn't fix the problem?

Boris 03-10-2011 10:29 PM

I'm at present in Afganistain. I'll return to the states 07 April. I will take the teal Geo off you hands as soon as I arrive and can get to your home. If it can't be driven due the need of repairs I'll tow it with a trailer back to Savannah, Ga. Please feel free to contact me ...shane.mccray@yahoo.com

cdmclaughlin 03-10-2011 10:44 PM

If I am tracking correctly, Brenton and I already have an agreement to purchase the Teal one. I have a call to him to work out the details about timing, deposit and such, but I have agreed on the asking price. Brenton, jump in if this is not your understanding (I left you a voice mail).

xfiherd 03-10-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin (Post 224789)
Any idea why the new synchro didn't fix the problem?

I just swapped out the trans fluid. "Syncromesh is the brand, and recommended by the manufacture. Good stuff, I've seen it bring iffy trannies back from certain death.

xfiherd 03-10-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin (Post 224795)
If I am tracking correctly, Brenton and I already have an agreement to purchase the Teal one. I have a call to him to work out the details about timing, deposit and such, but I have agreed on the asking price. Brenton, jump in if this is not your understanding (I left you a voice mail).

Yeap, got it. I'll call you tomorrow, leave a message if need to. No worries. So it looks like the blue 94 is my runner up keeper (no longer available)

I still have complete XFi engines, I THINK everything has been snatched up. I'll reply to PMS now.

Thanks,
Brenton

xfiherd 03-10-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin (Post 224755)
Drive away as desired in fully running, double clutching Teal XFI for $2500, plus one motor at $350 and the computer at $25. Why are the windshields always broken on these cars???? With email I can send you payment tonight for motor, computer and earnest money on the car.

When we catch each other on the phone we'll figure out the $$ and such, not worried about it. A deposit of some sort is fine, then pay the rest before you drive away. One good thing about XFi's, when gas goes high, they aren't hard to sell. I made nearly $70K summer 08...it was crazy! :) It might happen again, but I won't have a back yard full of metros to meet the demand.

Everyone should have a metro in my opinion :)

Here's the MPR link if anyone is interested.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis.../geometro_man/
Catch you later eh,
Brenton

Boris 03-11-2011 02:37 AM

I PM'd you about the Geo that needs the engine work. I didn't mean to step on anyone here that already made plans with you for your teal colored Geo.

sjr 03-11-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfiherd (Post 224741)
Hello, yeap, the cam and computer are plug and play. You're second in line for the cam, but one of the computers is yours if you want it.

I have paypal. $10 bucks shipping if that works for you.

Thanks,
Brenton

what year is the computer , I have 2 and they have different plugs my car is the older style

xfiherd 03-23-2011 12:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

My house in Duluth burned to the ground on March 11th. Some woodstove ashes placed on the back porch started the fire. This is why I haven't be tending to this deal, sorry.

All metros and parts were undamaged and still available. It actually would help me out a lot to connect with the right people(s) to sell all of it minus one metro I'm keeping for myself. Is anyone interested in making a trek to Northern Minnesota in the next month? A trailer, tow bar or dolly, can make package deals.

I will start checkin my PMs again (just replaced my laptop yesterday)

Feel free to google house fire on hutchinson rd in duluth on that date to confirm. One man and dog, unharmed, total loss.

Brenton

cdmclaughlin 03-23-2011 12:39 PM

First of all, Brenton, I am really sorry about the house. Second, I am still interested in the XFI but it may take me a few hours to figure out how to get it if it is not running. I would like to call if the number is right. Third, I definitely want the ECU spoken for and can send you $50 immediately ($40 plus shipping) since I need that now anyway. I will work on the other logistics today. Does the phone number you posted still work? Can I give you a call?

cdmclaughlin 03-23-2011 12:41 PM

No problem, Boris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 224817)
I PM'd you about the Geo that needs the engine work. I didn't mean to step on anyone here that already made plans with you for your teal colored Geo.

@Boris. Sorry, I forgot about the PM avenue since I don't have enough posts to do that yet. Thanks for being understanding.

cdmclaughlin 03-23-2011 12:43 PM

Computer -- correction

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin (Post 227291)
First of all, Brenton, I am really sorry about the house. Second, I am still interested in the XFI but it may take me a few hours to figure out how to get it if it is not running. I would like to call if the number is right. Third, I definitely want the ECU spoken for and can send you $50 immediately ($40 plus shipping) since I need that now anyway. I will work on the other logistics today. Does the phone number you posted still work? Can I give you a call?

Actually, Brenton, I think we said $25 plus shipping for the computer. So I can send you $35.

Craig

redneck 03-23-2011 05:20 PM

Man, what a bummer...

Sorry about your house.

Check your PM box.

>

xfiherd 03-23-2011 06:58 PM

Hi guys,

I'm in Stanwood Washington at the moment selling my boat. I will be headed back to Duluth this weekend (be there next Mondayish) to fill out city paperwork and other hassles. What would work best for me at the moment: Anyone with time and skill to make the trek, I'll meet you in Duluth, sell you which ever car you want (and the other can I sell the next time/skill trekker) buy an extra xfi motor, or two! I've got crates of metro parts: window regs, alts, plastic, etc etc. I've been into these cars for a while and planned to be driving when no one else is...still hope to do this, but toned down to one good rust free and a modest amount of parts (one extra motor and trans etc.) I just have zero time to be delivering, mailing, packaging...later this spring and def summer I will again (small stuff like cam ecu etc.) I'm working on buying another small house to live in near st. cloud where my 19 month old boy lives (why I subject myself to mn to begin with) if anyone is in a position to do this right now, I can meet and help load make good deals. They need to go, if not to new homes, I guess towed once again to where I end up. I also have a super nice rust free 86 toyota tercel 4wd sr5 wagon with a weber if anyone needs a good high mpg winter car to save the xfi from it. Shoot, come buy my tacoma 4wd v6 ext cab and tow an xfi home behind it. Lots of options as long as you come to me right now...I'm sorry I cant help more.

Thanks guys,
Brenton

cdmclaughlin 03-24-2011 11:06 AM

Bowing out

As much as I would like to make this work, I think my situation does not mesh with Brenton's, and his situation clearly is more immediate and dire than mine. I am formally backing out of any expectations (though I would still like the computer if that can ever come to pass). Brenton, I hope this works out and the car finds a good home. Once again, my sympathies and good luck.

Craig

xfiherd 03-24-2011 11:28 AM

I understand, Mn is the hinterlands for most people. I see them leaving my life this summer one way or another. Maybe my new home will have a decent shop to just build them up and send them out for more.

Sorry I couldn't come through on the original deals, I'll be back eventually.

Brenton

94metro 03-27-2011 01:38 PM

Brenton,

I'm not all that far from you. Apparently I don't have enough posts to pm you, so if you would contact me via pm, I'd appreciate it.

Chloe 04-13-2011 08:21 PM

I would love to give one of your metros a home if they are still for sale. I have never posted on a board before and have no clue how to pm people. I could pick one up this weekend as long as it would be safe for me to drive back STL. I am looking for a xfi hatchback with 4 doors with a manual tranny, if you have one. The four door is optional...

robert91471 03-08-2012 03:51 PM

any xfi stuff

does any one have an xfi engine ,trans, cam any thing .

robert91471 03-08-2012 03:55 PM

i am looking for xfi engine ,trans, cam any thing please

dfix9 06-04-2012 04:41 PM

What all XFI whole car and parts do you now have?

HI Brenton,

1. What all XFI whole car and parts do you now have?

2. Can you please send photos of everything you have?

It's been a while since you posted your thread.

Let me hear from you ASAP.

THANKS,

TOM
DFIX9@YAHOO.COM
6-04-12.