EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   GI: Possible GB of LiFeMgPO4 batteries (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/gi-possible-gb-lifemgpo4-batteries-8192.html)

Electric Frenzy 05-02-2009 04:21 AM

GI: Possible GB of LiFeMgPO4 batteries

I don't know if this violates any rules. I looked and didn't see anything. I'm not accepting any money or anything. I'm just trying to get some feedback from interested parties if I were able to work us out a deal on some bulk batteries for EV conversions.

I've been doing some homework (with some help of some good people here) and realized that the battery you use is more important than anything else. Having figured that out I started researching batteries and have come to the conclusion that Lithium Iron Magnesium Phosphate batteries are the best of all worlds. They have LiIon power, 35% less weight than Lead Acid, 200% more stable than LiIon and cheaper. I don't mean to make this a discussion about what is the best battery.

I've found a supplier of these batteries and they'll only deal with me if I purchase in bulk. I don't know the cost yet but I'm certain the more people we can get a solid interest from the easier it'll be to get good pricing.

When the time comes to purchase (if we decide to) I can provide full references from previous group buys on other forums (some in excess of $30k).

I'd like to purchase these for me but won't be able to unless others are looking for a more long term solution as well. Now let's see who's ready to pony up some dough for some high quality fuel.

Electric Frenzy 05-03-2009 07:35 PM

bump?? no'one wit han EV is in need of quality batteries?

Ryland 05-03-2009 08:55 PM

Any idea on the cost per amp hour? type of case each cell has and connections, style of cell, do they come with a BMS or is there one out there that will work with them?
I'll most likely stick with my lead acid batteries for another year or two unless I end up having alot of work this summer to get me some spare cash.

Silveredwings 05-03-2009 10:12 PM

Is there a number of units you had in mind to qualify as a bulk order?

Are you talking to the manufacturer or a distributor?

It would be pretty helpful to know the price per unit at some quantity as well as what their BMS costs. Specs would be helpful as well.

Electric Frenzy 05-04-2009 01:55 PM

I will get as much information as I can today. I do know that they have their own specific BMS (not included in price but could possibly get discount on that as well). They are standard automotive style batteries. The ones I'm interested in are group 24's.

I'll see what I can find out today on a quantity needed and cost estimate.

Silveredwings 05-04-2009 02:43 PM

Do they start with a V and rhyme with surveillance?

Electric Frenzy 05-04-2009 07:24 PM

yessir. I've put in 2 calls and not gotten a call back yet. I'm hoping it means they are busy pumping out batteries.

From the info on their website these seem to be the perfect choice for an EV build.

The groups 24's that I'm looking at weigh 13lbs/per and would allow me to 400Ah @ 144V's. I haven't done all the math yet but I think that would get me where I want to go! Stepping up to a group 27 size would increase the weight another 250lbs but would provide 1000Ah @ the same 144v. Not sure yet if the power is worth the additional weight.

dremd 05-05-2009 01:10 PM

More Info Please; but I'd be very interested in an E-Bikes worth. Just keep me under 72 volts.

Electric Frenzy 05-05-2009 01:53 PM

their batteries come in 12v and 18v variety. There is approximately a 100lbs weight savings by using the (6) 12v modules as opposed to (4) 18v but there is a large power advantage with the 18v units.

Put in another call today....maybe I'll hear something back.

Electric Frenzy 05-05-2009 11:59 PM

third call, no reply. This is not a good sign of a company that knows what customer service is. I'm trying to give them money. They can't return my cal to tell me how much? Is the economy THAT good?