EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   good economy leads to clogged roads (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/good-economy-leads-clogged-roads-32644.html)

Frank Lee 08-26-2015 11:12 AM

good economy leads to clogged roads

Why you can blame the economy for clogged roads - CBS News

But everybody LIKES IT THAT WAY! Especially govt and bidness "leaders".

I noticed the article failed to mention curbing population explosion... :rolleyes: :mad:

People cease to amaze me.

jamesqf 08-26-2015 01:18 PM

Nor telecommuting...

Fat Charlie 08-26-2015 01:33 PM

Of course it's true. Commuting during a recession is a breeze.

niky 08-27-2015 02:49 AM

Babies and poor people don't drive.

Economic activity drives traffic, unfortunately. Ours is a killer. What used to take me forty five minutes to an hour now takes two and a half on a good day.

I'm so glad I walk to work four days a week. And that my regular inter-city travel is covered by a convenient bus route.

GhostWolfGT 08-27-2015 07:50 AM

DC is so bad now I gave up a good paying route that went from Richmond to DC and back for a lesser paying route going out to the mountains. In the end my paycheck was smaller but my hourly went up as I'm paid by the mile. I route to DC that takes 5 hours at night takes 12 hours during the day. I began to hate my job and LOATH DC.

Frank Lee 08-27-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niky (Post 491262)
Babies and poor people don't drive.

Economic activity drives traffic, unfortunately...

You'd be surprised at how many small or sporty cars are advertised for sale because there's a new baby. I guess babies do drive, or they dictate what they want to ride in?

The poor people around here are champion drivers! The traffic from a local trailer court here is unbelievable- it is as if nobody that lives there has legs so any walking or biking is out of the question. Other requirements for living there include: your DD must have a V8 and 4x4, and you must have a stupid dog that constantly barks.

jamesqf 08-27-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 491287)
The poor people around here are champion drivers! The traffic from a local trailer court here is unbelievable- it is as if nobody that lives there has legs so any walking or biking is out of the question.

More than a little bit of cause & effect there, I think. If I added up all the money I've not spent on fancy cars, interest on car payments, C&C insurance, extra gas, & all the rest over my lifetime, I bet it'd come to at least $100K.

JRMichler 08-27-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

and you must have a stupid dog that constantly barks.

Clearly you don't live where I do. The police respond to barking dog complaints here. First offense, they have the owner put the dog in their house. If that doesn't stop the complaints, they do give out tickets.

Frank Lee 08-27-2015 03:14 PM

My dream would be for them to do that here!

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 08-28-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Other requirements for living there include: your DD must have a V8 and 4x4

Oversized engines are just a part of the problem. If they were smarter, they would realize that a reasonably-sized vehicle is not just better at fuel savings but also would reduce the amount of time wasted searching for a parking spot at their destinations.