EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Good Morning (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/good-morning-414.html)

metroschultz 12-26-2007 12:18 AM

Good Morning

Hello ,Merry Christmas, and Happy new Year. I am new to the forum thing and I'll try not to be too wordy.
I work nights, late, usually till 2 or 3 am and don't spend a lot of time on the 'puter.
I own a 1993 metro that desperately needs an overhaul, but I'm gonna drive her till she blows. Many years ago I had one that would average about 60 mpg. I did not know it then but I was using pulse and glide driving most of the time, because it instinctively felt like the way to higher mileage. After a few trips back and forth to work I was rewarded with large numbers for my efforts. I have no actual paper work to back it up. Just my tired old memory and my wifes sullen looks to the sky.
When the metro goes I will rebuild it the best I can with all the knowledge I have gleened from you guys. I am looking now for one of the swift trannys to reduce my rpm on the highway.
Thanx for having me and helping me. Schultz.

Lazarus 12-26-2007 12:32 AM

Welcome Metroschultz. There are a few Metro drivers here that can help you out. It's great to run into long time FE drivers. Look forward to seeing how the metro does and how long she lasts. How many miles are on it now?

MetroMPG 12-26-2007 12:34 AM

Hey Schultz, welcome to the site.

Instinctive P&G driving? That's impressive. (I wonder if you're a natural musician too...)

Coasting is one thing, but I bet P&G is counter-intuitive to most people. It was to me.

FYI, you can also look for a Metro 4-cyl manual transmission. Same idea as the 4-cyl Swift, and probably easier to track down.

Darin

SVOboy 12-26-2007 01:34 AM

Welcome to the site! Be sure to fill out a garage and log entry for your metro while you're here, :D

metroschultz 12-26-2007 10:06 AM

Good Morning

OOps, my bad. I purchased the metro in '05 with 175k,( approx.). Needing a valve job and some minor body work. Cost............... $45.00 USD. Ching. I spent $16.00 om the head gasket and did everything elsle in my garage. Now I'm sporting 197,865 miles. Still haven't painted it. Waiting on the final death rattle. It was good to read that I'm not the only one who should be replacing wheel bearings. So far my best tankfull allowed me to garner a whopping 55 mpg. But that was last year and things have been going downhill for some time now. Last tank was only 39 mpg. I am sure it is due to the excess oil in the cumbustion chambers and other parasitic losses. I have no time now but when I return I will get to the garage and give you guys the whole list of cars I own, plus as an added bonus(call before midnight tonight) The ones I'm responsible for and the things I've done to tweak them without their owners knowledge. Yes some of them are not clueless and have noticed the differences. S.:D