EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Good thing petty thieves don't know the value of a ScanGauge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/good-thing-petty-thieves-dont-know-value-scangauge-3313.html)

MetroMPG 06-24-2008 01:02 PM

Good thing petty thieves don't know the value of a ScanGauge

Because if they did, I'd be missing one today.

Someone rifled through both the Flea and the ForkenSwift last night. As far as I can tell, the only thing missing is some loose change. They left the SG, and a 15w solar panel sitting on the dashboard of the Flea.

I generally don't lock cars. Made that decision after having a window smashed in Vancouver, B.C. 4 or 5 years ago (they got the parking meter change and my snowboard, which was hidden under some dirty tarps).

Since then, I decided just to be more careful about leaving stuff in the cars. So the thieves can occasionally have my parking meter change, and I get to keep my windows.

dcb 06-24-2008 01:11 PM

That i really strange, I was just thinking about that very issue on sunday. Only I had a $15 mpguino prototype on the dash that I decided I wasn't at all worried about losing :)

Daox 06-24-2008 01:20 PM

Glad to hear they didn't damage anything.

Things like this I get mad about not because of stolen items, but because there is some looser out there who is more willing to break the law and get next to nothing in return, but isn't willing to go get a freakin job.

MetroMPG 06-24-2008 01:33 PM

I don't think those kinds of thoughts cross the drug/alcohol-addled minds of the people willing to go treasure hunting through parked cars in the middle of the night.

Quote:

Only I had a $15 mpguino prototype on the dash that I decided I wasn't at all worried about losing
Hey, I still haven't finished mine. I might have been tempted. :P

ttoyoda 06-24-2008 04:26 PM

That sucks. My condolences.

Quote:

Good thing petty thieves don't know the value of a ScanGauge

If they knew the value they would have a job instead of breaking car window grubbing for pennies. Like the numnut who steals a Stradivarius and breaks it up for firewood to keep warm under a bridge.

But seriously, and I am not trying to be sarcastic, with all the social services in Canada, why do these people need to steal? I thought they got all their needs filled for free.

Johnny Mullet 06-24-2008 09:43 PM

Blame Canada!

blueflame 01-17-2009 03:09 AM

Trip wire attached to a shotgun trigger... Usually just kids though eh? Good idea to leave it unlocked.

I had to deal with a fricken crazy tenant this week who ripped me off a hundred. Nutter of a girl....meth freak I think or just plain dangerous.

Saw 'No Country for Old Men' last night. Wow what a movie. Tenant girl was a Mexican psycho too....

Makes you glad you dont bump into them in the middle of the night