EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Great ... another new guy ( thats me ) - ecomodding related car shows? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/great-another-new-guy-thats-me-ecomodding-related-1969.html)

dBSteve 04-23-2008 07:23 PM

Great ... another new guy ( thats me ) - ecomodding related car shows?

Hello,

and thanks for letting me be apart of this forum.

First of all, yes .... I did use the search feature :)

Besides Hybridfest, are there any other meets or shows for ecomodders? Like those with gasoline engines, alternative fuels, etc. Something besides hybrids and electric models?

MetroMPG 04-23-2008 07:35 PM

Hi Steve. Aside from HybridFest, I think the closest ecomodding type fair/show you'd find would be Boston's AltWheels festival:

http://altwheels.org/

Anybody else have any ideas?

Arminius 04-23-2008 08:51 PM

Personally, I would look for performance shows and gatherings. I've found that those people have a lot of knowledge of aerodynamics and mods. Yes, they think I'm a geek and a dork, but they are factually correct, so I can't blame them. :p

The things that make the car go faster also usually make them more efficient, too. The exception being the engine.

Peter7307 04-23-2008 09:07 PM

Hey Steve , Welcome to the place.

A second vote for the suggestion by Armenius about performance shows.
Many items aimed at the performance market are still useful in the F/E arena.
The efficiency is just applied to a different aspect of the envelope.

Pete

Arminius 04-23-2008 09:53 PM

I forgot to mention that when I was getting my oil changed one of those performance racing modders was telling me how they are modding Civics with Acura Integra engines and rear electric motors. Of course, I know about the Integra engines, but the electric motors were something I didn't know they were into. We got interrupted, so we never finished that conversation.

We did talk quite a bit about bellypans and smaller mirrors. But like I said, I could clearly tell they thought I was a geek and a wuss, so I beat them up. There were only 20 of them. :cool:

DifferentPointofView 04-23-2008 10:01 PM

hey... I was one of those guys ;) lol naw, jk. you remember the guy ramming the other dudes with the red ZJ? *cocky voice* yeap... that was me *crowd applause* :D

SVOboy 04-24-2008 12:01 AM

We definitely need to organize our own event at some point, wish I wasn't such a foolish student, :)

I'll be at hybridfest though.

dBSteve 04-24-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 21249)
We definitely need to organize our own event at some point, wish I wasn't such a foolish student, :)

I'll be at hybridfest though.

This is kinda the reason for this post.

I am new to this ecomodder bit. I purchased my first vehicle about 3 weeks ago and am quickly learning.

I would like to attend some of these events to learn more and to share with others.

I have a background in the car audio competition field where I produce large outdoor events on a weekly basis.

I could put something together this year easily.

Where would the most common place be in the united states to have a meet & greet? All all enthusists basically located all over the United States? Some more than others?

Would people want to be apart of a larger type show? Does it need to be a "show" or just to hang out for a weekend?

SVOboy 04-24-2008 12:32 AM

I think things are spread all over, but a lot of us are concentrated on one coast or the other, I would check out the ecomodder frappr map floating around. I would be game for something around the philly area, :)

dBSteve 04-24-2008 01:25 AM

I live in Arkansas near the boarder of Missouri ( upper NW AR )

Interstate 44 and 40 is close by. My idea is something near a main Interstate preferably on flat ground :)