EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Greetings (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/greetings-16882.html)

mickoes 04-17-2011 02:19 AM

Greetings

Hello everyone!

I'm glad I found this forum, I hope I'll find a lot of tips to enhance my old Altima 1993 with very bad gaz mileage.

I'm from Québec, Canada, see you on the forum!

(damn this car is not fuel efficient)

Daox 04-17-2011 08:24 AM

Welcome to the site.

What kind of mileage are you getting with the altima? Its rated at 21/27 for the manual and 18/26 for the automatic. Not so great of numbers to start with, but they can easily be improved upon.

mickoes 04-17-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 232134)
Welcome to the site.

What kind of mileage are you getting with the altima? Its rated at 21/27 for the manual and 18/26 for the automatic. Not so great of numbers to start with, but they can easily be improved upon.

Hello Daox,

I am currently achieving 300 km (200 miles) per full tank, which is very bad. According to Google, my tank can hold 15.9 gallons.. Best case scenario that is 12.58 MPG :cool: for 70% highway. With the gaz prices it costs me like $60 CAD to refill my tank so...

I am doing a good tune-up this week, hopefully that'll help because I never did it in two years. I read the 100 useful tips of this website, and now I'm looking for mods that'll help my car surviving these gaz prices. :thumbup:

Michael

Edit : I have automatic tranny

03NHVW 04-17-2011 03:32 PM

...fastest way to improve fuel economy----
...properly inflate tires and keep a steady right foot.
...and have fun with it!

mickoes 04-17-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03NHVW (Post 232179)
...fastest way to improve fuel economy----
...properly inflate tires and keep a steady right foot.
...and have fun with it!

So that mean no more drag racing and hill jumping with my altima :(

LmidgitD 04-17-2011 06:51 PM

Just make sure to EOC while in the air and you'll be fine. ;)

CigaR007 04-17-2011 07:26 PM

Check the plugs for wear and the air filter element for debris and dirt.

JethroBodine 04-17-2011 09:01 PM

... and fuel filter. Take it from an ex dragracer, even though it is fun to go fast, saving money at the pumps is(almost) just as good:thumbup:... and better aerodynamics get you better hang time!!!:eek:

Daox 04-17-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickoes (Post 232142)
Hello Daox,

I am currently achieving 300 km (200 miles) per full tank, which is very bad. According to Google, my tank can hold 15.9 gallons.. Best case scenario that is 12.58 MPG :cool: for 70% highway. With the gaz prices it costs me like $60 CAD to refill my tank so...

I am doing a good tune-up this week, hopefully that'll help because I never did it in two years. I read the 100 useful tips of this website, and now I'm looking for mods that'll help my car surviving these gaz prices. :thumbup:

Michael

Edit : I have automatic tranny

Well, first off you have to actually calculate your mileage. That means writing down how many gallons you filled up with and how many miles you went since the last fill up. You can't go by how many miles per tank you get, its just way to inaccurate.

mickoes 04-18-2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 232239)
Well, first off you have to actually calculate your mileage. That means writing down how many gallons you filled up with and how many miles you went since the last fill up. You can't go by how many miles per tank you get, its just way to inaccurate.

I usually fill it up completely and let it go until I need to fill it up again. Using the odometer, I can approximate my fuel consumption (I have a range of kilometers I can do). I know that it is for city AND highway, but since I pretty much always do the same trajectory, I can work on overall MPG.

I have compiled a few scenarios so far, like 100% highway at X km/h, but I don't drive that often long distances.