EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Greetings from England (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/greetings-england-22809.html)

CJ@UKHAC 08-02-2012 01:45 PM

Greetings from England

Hello Ecomodders,

I've eyed up information on this forum a few times and found it to be both interesting and useful so thought it was about time I sign up and show my support.

Look forward to exploring the forums and getting inspiration for any relatively cheap and easy mods I could do to eek that little bit more out of my car. :)

MetroMPG 08-03-2012 09:40 AM

Welcome to the forum, CJ.

Any plans off the bat?

EDIT: never mind - just checked your vehicle profile - lots of plans there! Looking forward to seeing what you do.

euromodder 08-03-2012 10:18 AM

Welcome to ecomodder !

Sticking to the UKs 70mph motorway speed was my first "mod" ;)

CJ@UKHAC 08-03-2012 12:46 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yep, tried to link to my car but obviously with my newbie status it's not allowed yet.

Plenty of plans/ideas, will be taking it slowly though due to financial restraints - looking at buying a house in the coming months which ain't cheap and just owning and running a car here ain't cheap either!

My first step will be to establish a base MPG figure through a combination of manual data crunching and the Scangauge once I get it.

From there it'll probably be one mod at a time. The future mods list in my garage entry is roughly the order I will/would probably do things in.

I'd like to see a minimum of +5mpg with a few basic mods and refined driving style and perhaps target 50+mpg (UK) further down the line.

My cars getting old now and isn't that efficient by today's standards, so with a bit of modding I hope to negate the need (and desire!) to own a more efficient car. :)

Daox 08-03-2012 01:43 PM

A lot of us here with older cars can still get some pretty great mileage out of our cars, especially because they were made lighter than the tanks of today. When I am driving my 1997 Paseo I can pretty easily top the mileage on my Prius.

Welcome to the site.

CJ@UKHAC 08-03-2012 03:40 PM

Thanks Daox, and you're absolutely right and that is one of the main reasons I detest most modern cars, even the "small" cars are humongous!

I think my Accent is somewhere inbetween the bare minimum days of the early to mid 90s and today's "tanks" as you so rightly put it.

I think it'll mod well and I think aiming for 50mpg (UK) is a realistic and achievable target but I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :D

CJ@UKHAC 08-07-2012 02:12 PM

Made 5 posts now so I think I'm allowed to start including links in posts.

Here's a link to my 2002 Hyundai Accent incase you're interested and/or also an Accent owner - Maximus - 2002 Hyundai Accent