EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Group Buy: OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/group-buy-obd1-obd1-extension-harness-7344.html)

NachtRitter 03-03-2009 11:58 PM

Closed: Group Buy: OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness

Group Buy Closed!

I'd been looking to buy an OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness for my Honda VX (so that I can tap into the ECU signals without damaging the stock wiring harness) and I have found a fellow that sells the extension harnesses for $70 ea if sold individually, but is willing to sell them for $50 ea if I buy 5 or more. Of course, I only need one, but since there might be several on this forum who may also be interested (and don't have the time or patience to build their own), I thought I'd offer this as a group buy here.

I'd like to get a $10 deposit from each person that wants to be part of this group buy; the deposit is refundable up until the point I place the order. I'll keep this group buy open until March 14 or until I have 9 folks that have made the deposit. If I don't have at least 4 deposits by then, everyone gets their money back and I'll just get one harness for myself.

Once I receive the harnesses, I'll let the group buy folks know, and I will ask for the remaining $40 plus $5 shipping (I'm not looking to make any $$ but would like to get shipping covered; single shipping charge regardless of how many you order). Once I receive payment, I will ship out your harness(es).

I'll keep the list up to date here:
1. NachtRitter (1 harness)

Send me a PM if you want to be part of this group buy by making a deposit. I also welcome comments and questions.

BTW - the best price I had found previously for the same thing is $110 here: Rywire - Online Store

You can, of course, also build your own OBD1 to OBD1 Extension Harness for little to no cost by visiting a wrecking yard with some wire clippers and then investing some time with a soldering iron. This group buy is for those that don't have time or patience or skills (or whatever) to do that.

NachtRitter 03-05-2009 05:50 PM

bump

Ryland 03-08-2009 01:51 PM

With a harness like this, would it give you all the wires you would need to plug a mpugno or whatever right in to the ECU? if so then buying a pile of them and a pile of the mpg gauges and selling them just for the civic VX... i would buy that, would that work?

hummingbird 03-08-2009 02:26 PM

I have a Honda City 1.5 L Exi 2004 (called Honda Fit Aria elsewhere). I am also interested, but don't know what harness I should go for... Can anybody tell me if this will work? are there any references?

@Ryland: adding MPGuino, especially after having a harness is so easy, I wonder whether there is a need to have such a request as above. its just 4 wires, and the harness has them all...

NachtRitter 03-09-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryland (Post 91556)
With a harness like this, would it give you all the wires you would need to plug a mpugno or whatever right in to the ECU? if so then buying a pile of them and a pile of the mpg gauges and selling them just for the civic VX... i would buy that, would that work?

A harness like this gives you access to the signals that the mpguino requires (VSS and injector pulse). It would be best to use power and ground from elsewhere (the mpguino should be powered all the time, while the ECU is only powered when the ignition is on).

The extension harness is not only useful for the mpguino, it is also good for tapping into several other useful signals without needing to damage the stock harness such as:
  • Simple engine kill (for EOC) by interrupting Crank Position Sensor signal (allows you to kill the engine without shutting down and rebooting the ECU)
  • Cruise control signals
    • brake switch
    • clutch switch
    • vss
  • Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor for vacuum
  • Temperature sensors
    • water
    • intake air
  • Throttle position sensor
  • Lean Air Fuel sensor (aka wide band O2 sensor) to see when lean burn is active

This harness will work for any OBD1 Honda (as I understand it); I don't know what other brands of car it would work with.

@hummingbird: I don't know enough about the Honda City to help you, unfortunately.

NachtRitter 03-13-2009 03:53 AM

Bumpity

Only need another ... ummm ... ah, 4 folks to sign up!

NachtRitter 03-22-2009 03:54 PM

Closed

scho 08-17-2009 06:17 PM

So I know this group buy is closed, but you mentioned knowing someone who made pass through harness adapters for 70 bucks, and that's a good bit cheaper than Rywire and Xenocron Tuning who both offer the same product for 110 bucks.

I'd much rather pay 70 and be able to remap my harness from the comfort of my kitchen table instead of upside down in the passenger footwell of my 94 civic CX. Even guys who aren't 6'-4" like I am could appreciate the comfort (and reversability) of this type of part.

Could you all be of any help?

EDIT: Not that it really matters, but just to be thorough, I found another company who sells them for 160... locash racing. Any old school "hybrid" tuners will remember this guy from back before hybrid meant gas + electric. :)

EDIT 2: And the lowest I could find is this place for 74 bucks http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/en-us/p3666.html Can this price be beaten?

scho 08-18-2009 10:42 PM

nobody knows this?