EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   The guys over at eco-modder are crazy (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/guys-over-eco-modder-crazy-7866.html)

MetroMPG 04-13-2009 10:48 AM

The guys over at eco-modder are crazy

OK, I'm stretching the intent of this "Success Stories" sub-forum a bit with this, but check out this comment posted at AutoblogGreen about Coyote X's plug-in hybrid Metro project:

Quote:

The guys over at eco-modder are crazy. They do a ton of good work and are on top of nearly everything related to squeezing more mileage out of a gallon of fuel. I suggest you check out the site.
That was posted by an ABG reader "PabloKoh".

Not sure if PabloKoh is a member here under some other name, but when I read that I thought, "if that's how people who are interested in automotive efficiency view EcoModder, I deem it to be a complete and total success!"

EM rocks. :thumbup: And by EM, I mean: the community of ecomodders participating here.

Daox 04-13-2009 12:19 PM

That is very cool. Definitely a success story Darin.

cfg83 04-13-2009 12:22 PM

MetroMPG -

Crazy? CRAZY LIKE A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

2WSolraC

MetroMPG 04-13-2009 12:32 PM

Ha! :D A box of what?

beatr911 04-13-2009 12:42 PM

Well somebody's got to do it. Might as well be us.
The crazies are the ones who change public opinion, and the course of history. Stay with it everyone, we are on the path of righteousness!

Spread the EM word, tell a friend.

Wilden 04-13-2009 02:11 PM

Thats great to hear, finally everyone on here it getting some recognition for their work.

cfg83 04-13-2009 03:46 PM

MetroMPG -

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 97440)
Ha! :D A box of what?

LIKE A BOX OF BIZARRO CHOCOLATES!!!!!!!!!!

2WSolraC

Allch Chcar 04-13-2009 04:07 PM

I saw that one too :p. You guys are getting the job done.
I share some of the projects with other forums I visit.
I loaded Basjoo's website on the primary laptop to show off the Aerocivic to my family. Being known as a Dork around here means I can talk about and work on this stuff without being sent to the funny farm :D.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:.

Matt Herring 04-13-2009 05:13 PM

I was pumped to get a card in the mail last week from the dealer at Toyota that sold me my Prius. It said "Thanks for choosing Ira Toyota to purchase your car. And thanks for all the great hypermiling tips!"

Sooner or later the EM message will be in the ears of everyone...what they do with it is up to them!

Christ 04-13-2009 09:55 PM

I have my mileage tag in my sig on other forums where it doesn't violate the TOS for them... people often ask about it in PM, to save face. (Several of them are performance oriented, and talk of "fuel mileage" just won't be tolerated publicly.)