EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Halo Spark Plugs..... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/halo-spark-plugs-3336.html)

Impulse 06-25-2008 03:13 PM

Halo Spark Plugs.....

Well, from looking around at the site for almost a week now, I have seen that some people have been using these, (listed as mods in em garage) but I cant find alot of threads for them. I can see how the new design of these plugs may superceed regular plugs and was considering getting some for the car, but just wanted to know if anyone on here is using them, and what results they have found......

For those of you who have not heard about them, visit www.lsgbrisk.com

Thanks!

Goldenfrog 06-25-2008 03:40 PM

I have been thinking about grabbing a set for my wife's Nissan. Her Bosch Platinum +4's have like 50K on them, they look fine though.

Lazarus 06-25-2008 03:44 PM

I had a set in a Madza 626 no change in FE.

NeilBlanchard 06-25-2008 05:41 PM

Hello,

If flame spread is the limiting factor on burning all the fuel (or as much as possible) in an engine, then having a spark that is 3mm "wider" is barely going to help at all, if any.

An engine that is that poorly designed, should have dual spark plugs; where the two sparks are much farther apart!

AXMonster 06-25-2008 08:02 PM

I saw a twin spark conversion for a Buick 215Ci (Rover V8 3.5 over here) that gave slightly improved combustion, but nothing that was worth the effort! IIRC it was something like a 3% increase in power & torque. Don't know what the effect of part load FE would have been, but for the effort it probably wasn't worth it.

I doubt these plugs would do anything at all.

Lazarus 06-25-2008 08:11 PM

You can mod a pair of NGK's by drilling a 3/32 hole in the side electrode so that the spark explodes through the center of the strap. It seemed to help rpm revs. It's basicly the same thing except it's less then $2 a plug. I did not see an increase if FE but it did seem to run better.

Shawn D. 06-26-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 38381)
You can mod a pair of NGK's by drilling a 3/32 hole in the side electrode so that the spark explodes through the center of the strap. It seemed to help rpm revs. It's basicly the same thing except it's less then $2 a plug. I did not see an increase if FE but it did seem to run better.

The perceived improvement was probably due to the sharp edge of the hole, not the hole itself. I'd be concerned about the tip of the ground electrode overheating now that the cross-sectional area is reduced there.

EP3 06-26-2008 08:39 AM

I like the design. I think it makes sense. Better spark coverage. But it needs to be 19.95 for all 4 and also a "WAIT, Thats Not All!" And include the Tornado! =P