EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Have built hho dry cell hmmmmmm (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/have-built-hho-dry-cell-hmmmmmm-10862.html)

jarre 11-04-2009 12:40 PM

Have built hho dry cell hmmmmmm

Dear hypermilers
Well today I built my first dry cell hho generator,it does produce gas just as the claims on the internet,what I noticed is there is a small increase in performance [i might be imagining it] well time is the judge,some of you guys have been very sure it will not work well we shall see..........
jarre:confused:

chuckm 11-04-2009 12:49 PM

Pictures and/or details on construction would be appreciated.

mchlbk 11-04-2009 02:25 PM

And details about the hho generator please.

Also: How do you plan to test it?

tangomar 11-04-2009 02:42 PM

Jarre,

good luck with it.
Are you going to use an O2 enhancer or remap the ECU?
Most HHO users see improvements at the beginning but after a while the ECU removes the advantages of having it changing the injectors timing.

Please be also very honest about the tests. A lot of people get excited about the idea but then lack any scientific approach in the testing.

Are you using PWM or DC current?
Are you using any other mileage improver device (fuel heater, magnets, ...)?

jarre 11-04-2009 02:55 PM

sure I will send photo's etc

Dear hyper milers
I will put up the whole details when I take the photo's truthfully,u guys are right about honesty and hho because I had to do a lot of design mods for the details I took off the net,if I hadnt done mods the device would have fu** up on me.First thing I noticed after fitting the device is that spark plugs have become cleaner hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
jarre:thumbup:

tangomar 11-04-2009 04:50 PM

Hope you install an EGT or CHT before you alter the o2 sensor.
Also keep in mind that once you change the air-fuel ratio
the scangauge becomes useless.
But you probably know everything about it.

Looking forward to see your data

meelis11 11-05-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangomar (Post 137769)
Hope you install an EGT or CHT before you alter the o2 sensor.
Also keep in mind that once you change the air-fuel ratio
the scangauge becomes useless.
But you probably know everything about it.

Looking forward to see your data

But if I understand correctly, MPGuino should measure "real" fuel consumption even if you alter O2 signal? Reason to believe so is that it uses injector signal, not mass airflow and other calculations to "emulate" your fuel consumption.
Does it sound correct?

I am building MPGuino - havent get it into the car yet (Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, 1992). I tested HHO generator some month ago (about 1000km or more) but did not get any difference so far - so instant MPG feedback would be really helpful to see if that HHO makes any real difference or not.

hey, this is my first post here... :) I am more like sidereader
Meelis

jarre 11-05-2009 01:16 PM

Dear Hypermilers
Today was kind of tough,my hho thingy kept breaking down,all due to my design flaws[sloppy workmanship].By the way guys I fixed the hho generator to an old renault 12[1974] with no ecu,o2 sensor,etc.
why did I do this? well to really find out if this thing works I decided to fit it on the old car which does not have any fancy electronics interfering with the experiment.Moreover the tough renault is forgiving in case of a blunder.
As for the hypermilers who tried this device on efi engines the reason you guys saw a good improvement at the beginning and then u guys had a down ward sprial is because the oxygen sensor gets clogged during normal driving and becomes less sensitive to changes in the exhaust,but once the hho gas enters system it starts to clean things up,unfortunately the o2 sensor too which sends data to ecu about exhaust gas and tells it to lean up or richen the fuel to engine,the hho gas in the exhaust for o2 sensor smells like too much air so it tells the ecu to kick up the fuel supply which means that u are using up more fuel than u were normally using.To find out go to your local car junkyard and try to see a freshly removed o2 sensor from exhaust manifold and you shall see the reason.So my idea is if you can give the o2 sensor a bit of cold [like a stuffy nose,if ur dad's got a cold he cant smell the **** u have been smoking].Rather than fitting the small board to cheat the o2 sensor why not try to reduce sensitivity thru simple means may be some kind of heat proof glue to cover the sensor a bit?.I cant try this idea here cause if I mess up and spoil the part ,it is very expensive and usually one cannot find it easily in ethiopia.
jarre
jarre