EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   hello! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-28794.html)

whaemmel 04-25-2014 04:06 PM

hello!

Old car hand w/20 years experience ready to play w/modification. From smog law purgatory (CA) where duct tape is now automatic fail. (Just picked up a 91 ef hatch shell from the Nevada desert w/3 engines, 2trans.and parts by Toy 22r over Donner Pass (7200 ft) by dolly a week ago. D15a1- new rings,honed and bearings (bottom block) yesterday. Ready to begin mod. Came w/ 2 d15 baskets-complete heads and b18a1. Already did two wheels for speed, four for
eco(1976). Gonna stock smog it first. Have a second d15a2 for mod. later.

Daox 04-25-2014 04:36 PM

Welcome to the site. Is the car road worthy? What are you driving now?

NachtRitter 04-25-2014 04:54 PM

Hi whaemmel... welcome to the site! I know what you mean about smog law purgatory... selling my VX because the manifold's cracked and I can't find a replacement.

Would love to see some pics if you got 'em!

whaemmel 04-25-2014 05:54 PM

Driving a 1987 22r 5 speed swap and 93 suzuki sidekick 5 speed. The ef is a shell. Will post
pics weather permitting. Just honed and installed rings and bearings on d15b1 yesterday.
Just over the hill NachtRitter-my 22r 5 speed was from placerville 2 yrs. ago. I would weld or epox the manifold and swap another pre-cat on after smog(every 2 yrs.. ) Make them pry your cold dead fingers of the vx wheel. They don't care about smog-it's about selling parts for special interest.

elhigh 04-28-2014 09:19 AM

I hope you like that 22r. You're stuck with it unless you pass it on to someone else. In my experience they're unkillable.

It won't get anywhere fast, but it will get you absolutely EVERYWHERE...eventually.

whaemmel 04-28-2014 08:36 PM

I've got two 22r trucks-1 2wd, 1 4wd. Have a rebuilt shortblock ready to go plus an lc engineering pro head and forged stroker crank.Probably just going with the prohead w/rv
cam-use it to pull car dolly. Amazing how many car people have no clue of both tow'capacity-3500 or bed 1200lbs. Everyone here drive empty (for the most part) f250 or silverado.extended cab. I'll probably get buried in 22r. A 60ft tree already fell on it and it was salvaged before that. Best part of my trucks-no check engine light -a nightmare for smog here. Guaranteed Carbs w/lifetime warranty out of Fla. $230.free shipping.

elhigh 04-30-2014 10:08 AM

I like LC Engineering, if only for the fact that they spend a lot of development know-how on what is really not that fabulous an engine for racing. Sure, throw enough money at it and it can be made into something pretty impressive - but for the same investment you could build a SBC that would pull Rush Limbaugh back toward the center.

Okay, that last bit might have been hyperbole. Nothing could ever do that. Moving on!

Empty trucks are a gigantic waste. I get decent mileage with mine and that makes it slightly less wasteful, but that's because I'm making the effort. 95% of those commuting truck drivers, though, have no idea about hypermiling or just don't care.