EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   hello all! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-all-20064.html)

kompot 01-11-2012 03:18 PM

hello all!

Hi.
My name's Patrick, I'm and engineer with masters degree with specialization in vehicles. Some time ago walking through the streets of Warsaw I saw Piwoslaw's car with the forum-badge. Have to say - didn't regret checking it after getting home ;)
I got experience with piggyback engine calibration - did a master's thesis project running a petrol engine on a mixture of gasoline and ethanol. Did a bit of a try to chiptune my own car's engine, didn't put enough effort and bravery in it though :) I also had a great time being an intern in engine and chassis research lab. Now I'm back to some other things, but still interested in engines, chassis, aerodynamics and hypermiling (also racing :) - have some experience and successes in minor events chasing Swift GTIs in my lousy diesel :) ). Not sure if would run my own project but would be pleased if my knowledge helps anybody.
Cheers!

Daox 01-11-2012 03:39 PM

Welcome to the site.

johnunit 01-11-2012 03:57 PM

welcome! more engineering experience is always a plus.

Piwoslaw 01-11-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kompot (Post 279253)
Some time ago walking through the streets of Warsaw I saw Piwoslaw's car with the forum-badge. Have to say - didn't regret checking it after getting home ;)

Good for you! If the EM window sticker "saved at least one soul from fuel-hell" then it was worth the extra weight:p

Quote:

I got experience with piggyback engine calibration - did a master's thesis project running a petrol engine on a mixture of gasoline and ethanol. Did a bit of a try to chiptune my own car's engine, didn't put enough effort and bravery in it though :) I also had a great time being an intern in engine and chassis research lab.

Sounds like a few threads could use some of your expertise.

Quote:

Not sure if would run my own project but would be pleased if my knowledge helps anybody.

Not even a small project? Not even a grille block during the colder months? A small Kammback, barely noticeable to the untrained eye? Just a bit more in the tires? E?

kompot 01-11-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 279266)
Sounds like a few threads could use some of your expertise.

Great, looking forward to it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 279266)
Not even a small project? Not even a grille block during the colder months? A small Kammback, barely noticeable to the untrained eye? Just a bit more in the tires? E?

This is going to sound bad :) I only changed the tire pressure to mess with front and rear axle slip angles and, sometimes, took of the IC cover to lower the intake air temperature. Sorry, promise to make it up to you ;)
Oh maybe I did some test on low 3,x bars (approx 50psi) but didn't like the feel. I'm as much into driving technique as in the engineering. Again, very sorry :)

Oldskoolways 01-11-2012 07:56 PM

New guy as well!

Good to see a couple of well intentioned engineers in here! Just signed up today myself... I'm also a mechanical engineer. Designed and built a Regenerative Braking Electric Bike with CVT trans for my senior project! Been messing around with fuel economy now for quite a bit and have been going to this site for quite awhile for info, finally got the nerve to sign up!