EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hello all! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-all-27272.html)

eg6ick 10-15-2013 10:41 AM

Hello all!

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to this forum and had recently did a Y5 head swap into my D16Y7 engine. Everything went well expect I don't have a EVAP Canister plug in my harness. So I am running right now with no EGR vavle (looking to order one, if you have any suggestion where to get one for cheap lmk) and no EVAP Canister. Was wondering if this is good to run for a bit till I can get things ordered? Also does anyone know the pinout of the EVAP canister to the back of the ECU? Thanks in advance guys hope I can get some awesome mileage on this setup!

gone-ot 10-15-2013 11:12 AM

"Welcome aboard!"

mcrews 10-15-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eg6ick (Post 395512)
Hi guys, I'm kinda new to this forum and had recently did a Y5 head swap into my D16Y7 engine. Everything went well expect I don't have a EVAP Canister plug in my harness. So I am running right now with no EGR vavle (looking to order one, if you have any suggestion where to get one for cheap lmk) and no EVAP Canister. Was wondering if this is good to run for a bit till I can get things ordered? Also does anyone know the pinout of the EVAP canister to the back of the ECU? Thanks in advance guys hope I can get some awesome mileage on this setup!

did I miss the description of the car.........:confused:
welcome.
Pump up the psi to 40+.:thumbup:

eg6ick 10-15-2013 02:13 PM

Oh I'm sorry guys. I have a 98 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with 257, 000 mikes on it and just did a Y5 head swap. The harness is from a 97 Civic HX. Everything plugged in fine but I can't seem to find the plug for the EVAP Canister (2 plug wire). Thanks for the welcome guys. I've started to read around the forum and navigating it.

mcrews 10-15-2013 02:22 PM

tons of older Honda civics on here. you should get loads o help!

jedi_sol 10-16-2013 04:31 PM

welcome!

For honda specific technical questions...i'd suggest looking for a honda specific forum. For example, i use Honda-tech.com a lot for when i had my del sol.

as far as ECOMODDING questions...you've come to the right place!

cbaber 10-16-2013 04:57 PM

For ECU and harness pinouts, refer to the Honda Civic Service Manual. I've uploaded one, so this link should always be good to use:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Fn...it?usp=sharing

Running without EGR is fine. I've been doing it for almost 2 years now. It does seem to prevent the car from going into lean-burn (which is why I have it disconnected, long story). You'll still get good mileage though.

To order the EGR valve you can go to HondaPartsNow.com for OEM stuff or go to any local parts store and special order the parts store brand (~$220).

Flakbadger 10-16-2013 05:31 PM

I regret to inform you that I have no idea how to answer any of your engine questions.
I can, however, welcome you to the forums.

So uh, yeah. Welcome!

eg6ick 10-17-2013 12:53 AM

Thanks for the link and I just downloaded it. I just got the EGR from a junkyard for cheap, but I'm kinda confused if the EVAP Canister is in the HX originally? Also does anyone know or where they can direct me on where to post my questions so I can get a direct answer? You guys have been very helpful and very kind to a NOOB. Thanks a bundle!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbaber (Post 395741)
For ECU and harness pinouts, refer to the Honda Civic Service Manual. I've uploaded one, so this link should always be good to use:

Running without EGR is fine. I've been doing it for almost 2 years now. It does seem to prevent the car from going into lean-burn (which is why I have it disconnected, long story). You'll still get good mileage though.

To order the EGR valve you can go to HondaPartsNow.com for OEM stuff or go to any local parts store and special order the parts store brand (~$220).