EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hello from Belgium (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-belgium-12930.html)

MoonlandMenace 04-12-2010 05:28 AM

Hello from Belgium

Recently started to adjust my driving technique, trying to save some fuel. Found this website, and now started to slightle mod my car.

I drive a citroën Berlingo (it's a small van), with a 1.9 diesel engine. Unfortunately, it has the aerodynamics of a brick...
I used to get 30MPG with my car. With the use of hypermiling driving techniques I managed to get 44,5MPG.
Now I made some changes last week (partial grill block, antenna removal, inflatred tires to max, strip some weight of) and I ordered a scangauge, trying to get that MPG higher.
I'm also planning to install a belly pan, remove the right mirror and making skirts.

Angmaar 04-12-2010 07:59 AM

Welcome to ecomodder!

Piwoslaw 04-13-2010 05:29 AM

Hello and welcome to EcoModder:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonlandMenace (Post 170172)
I'm also planning to install a belly pan, remove the right mirror and making skirts.

That's the list of things I think about each time I see a small delivery van like your's on the street (about every 40 seconds). I always wonder how low the fuel consumption can get on those. They are very popular in Europe and since the fuel costs are usually paid by the company, not the driver, then many drivers have no incentives to save fuel. But some of them do, and I'm interested in how low they can go. There is a guy at my local Peugeot forum with a Partner 1.9D (Berlingo's twin) and he did a test by driving less aggressively, increasing his milage by 20%-30%. On some long trips he'd go extra slow and get something like 2.8 l/100km (84mpgUS). And this is without any mods, not even pumped up tires!

Moonland, what year is your Berlingo? I hope the ScanGauge will work on it. And get it into the EM garage, I can't wait to see your milage go up.

Check with your traffic laws if you can remove the passenger side mirror: I'm not sure if this is true for all of Europe, but here every car must have the right side mirror if the view from the internal mirror is not satisfactory (which may be the case with delivery vans).

BTW: What is it with Belgians and the Moon? MoonlandMenace, Lunarhighway,... ;)

MoonlandMenace 04-13-2010 03:22 PM

My Berlingo is from 2006, so i hope the scangauge will work on it.
It will be delivered by the end of the week, so the i will know.

ShadeTreeMech77 04-13-2010 04:32 PM

when you mentioned the mpg, was that imperial gallons or US gallons? Imp gallon is about 1.25 US gallons, IIRC

MoonlandMenace 04-15-2010 11:36 AM

us gallons

zedhead 04-03-2012 12:25 PM

Well I get about 45mpg (imperial) from my 1.9 Berlingo, but if your's is a 2006 I think that it'll be the more economical turbo engine?
Have you got a bulkhead or blacked out rear windows? If so, do NOT remove either mirror, it'll make the van dangerous to you and other road users...
Any pics of your rad block? And have you replaced the aerial with an internal one?