EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hello from Canada (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-canada-32938.html)

GreenSquirrel 10-16-2015 10:03 PM

Hello from Canada

After lurking for awhile I have decided to join in on the fun. I am in between vehicle ownership but I look forward to using the modifications and techniques in this vast wonderland of fuel-sippery. My next vehicle purchase will likely be a city type car with the intent of renting a vehicle for highway excursions (my province is huge [Saskatchewan] and sparsely populated with rough/washed-out secondary roads), so an SUV or large sedan is in order for highway safety/mobility in bad weather. So far I have not decided on whether to get a new car and rely on technique/slight modification or get an older car and go gee-whiz-bang on the thing, leaning towards older with heavy modification. My interests in F1 and LMP type race cars has my mind alight with fantastic ideas and machinations for vaporizing dinos, we shall see how that translates to my fabrication abilities :D . Anywho, that's my spiel and hopefully I can give some productive input/cold-weather testing of mods/techniques for this fine group of chaps/chapettes. #longwinded

Cd 10-17-2015 09:34 AM

Welcome to the forums.
Glad to have you here.

( I meant to say all of this yesterday, but got sidetracked. )

MetroMPG 10-28-2015 03:48 PM

Belated welcome from eastern Ontario.

Are you any closer to a decision on what you'll do, automotively?

GreenSquirrel 11-13-2015 10:31 PM

Nope, I'm tempted by a local Lincoln LS that needs some buffing and elbow grease, 4.7L V8, seems to return 13-17 MPG but that is by enthusiastic drivers, I enjoy challenges and am reeallly picky so this may take awhile (don't hold your breath :P). I have the thought process going of getting a car that already needs some TLC so pulling it apart and having it out-of-order will be expected as opposed to repeatedly puling it apart and causing problems/having a 3000lb paperweight/leaf collector. So, in short, no and I dunno. But I am working on some ideas and may post pics soon (very tempted to make a wind tunnel to test air dams and whatnot).

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 11-14-2015 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenSquirrel (Post 496745)
So far I have not decided on whether to get a new car and rely on technique/slight modification or get an older car and go gee-whiz-bang on the thing, leaning towards older with heavy modification.

Older with heavy modification? What about a Baja bug? :D

EcoRenegade 11-14-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenSquirrel (Post 499363)
Nope, I'm tempted by a local Lincoln LS that needs some buffing and elbow grease, 4.7L V8, seems to return 13-17 MPG but that is by enthusiastic drivers, I enjoy challenges and am reeallly picky so this may take awhile (don't hold your breath :P)

I applaud your vision and challenge. Looking forward to a new build thread from you. Have you thought of a Sherman Tank as a first project? :thumbup:

MobilOne 11-15-2015 01:35 AM

Welcome!