Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
c10
EcoModding Lurker

Hello I'm c10 modder to the extreme but now gone GREEN!!!

Im 37 father of 3 son's . I have been modding things since I could hold a tool . Most mods have been for speed , but over the years i started building realy fast motorcycles . What I disliked was my range even though i could go very fast . After many years and trial/error I learned to build ten second flat 1/4 mile motorcycles with top speeds ranging from 160 to 186 mph that could also produce 52 to 65 mpg in normal crusing .

Most was done by weight reduction , Gearing changes , and aerodynamic changes the later being very minnor changes reducing wind drag .

Now after many years of driving a 2008 F250 I was feed up with fuel prices . I still own the 250 since it is a great hauling tool , and needed at least once a week for my job . I upgraded many things on the truck to improve mpg .
programer , lighter wheels , good tires , keeping it clean , and tuned , but it just wsnt enough . 14 mpg average driving ( 7700 pound truck with tooling ) and hwy high mpg 21 with a tail wind no A/C windows up vents open .

I drive 3000 plus miles a month for work and 500 to 800 pleasure . So spending nearly 1000 bucks a month on $3 fuel I bought a new small truck .

2010 Chevy colorado 2.9 L engine 5 speed stick 3.73 rear end gears .
Reg cag .

Best MPG so far 33.46 Worst mpg 24.5 avg so far after 3200 miles in first month 29 . Better than the window sticker by far .

Mods done to improve fuel econmy .

New free flow muffler , and 35 pounds lighter , owner instaled . New intake tube ( owner made ) weight reduction 5 pounds . removal off radio antena , removal off passanger windshield wipper , changed 22" wiper blade on driver side to 18 " and lowerd arm to be closer to hood line .

Changed tire preasures from 32 psi to 41 psi ( max presure is 44 psi )

Canged engine oil @ 500 miles to full synthetic oil .

Keep truck clean/waxed .

Mods coming

Bed cover ( soft ) this week , Making partial 50% grill block , buying scan gauge next month , adding 2" of air dam to the front . trying to find wheel dust covers to go on back side of light alum OEM wheels . I know not as good as on the front but I like the way the OEM 16" wheels look .

Plan on closing the air gaps on the hood line /bumper to grill line , and smaller side view mirrors .

I have a light foot and love to cost with the manual when coming to lights .

Any input would be great thanks c10

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Welcome
Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

welcome to em
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
C10, as in the Chevy?

I've gotta '69 myself.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
c10
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
C10, as in the Chevy?

I've gotta '69 myself.
yes . I have built a many of them 67/72 may favorite was a 72 rolling chassi with a 67 small back window cab that would throw off a few people

Reply  Post New Thread