EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Hello People! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/hello-people-28834.html)

TheManVan 04-30-2014 02:48 PM

Hello People!

Hi,
Just a quick intro to say that I am really enjoying this forum and I am thrilled to be a part of it!

Pandaf 04-30-2014 03:02 PM

Hi there, and welcome!

Tell us about your ride, it's probably a van, right? ;)

TheManVan 04-30-2014 03:25 PM

You guessed it right now I drive a 2002 Honda Oddy.
But since I am not the only one who drives it, the mileage is OK not good or great. :P and since other people drive the van I am not really able to aeromod like I really want to. So the solution is to get something that I really can go crazy aeromodding....I am thinking a civic, but I am unsure of what gen/engine/what style? I have looked for a VX but they are so hard to find....What would be a second choice to a VX????

Pandaf 04-30-2014 03:37 PM

Lots of Hondudes over here, and lots of helpful folks, I'm sure one of them will chip in..

elhigh 04-30-2014 09:33 PM

You can do some sneaky mods that people won't even notice. Add color-matched fender skirts to the rear wheels, that big slab-sided van will make them blend right in. Add a warm air intake to fool the computer into leaning out the engine. When's the last time your wife raised the hood of the car? If she's like mine, that'd be never.

You may not have much chance to seriously improve the van's fuel economy, but you can at least take steps to passively minimize the damage.

Fat Charlie 05-01-2014 08:35 AM

My wife doesn't know what her tire pressure is.

I do. ;)

basjoos 05-01-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheManVan (Post 422328)
So the solution is to get something that I really can go crazy aeromodding....I am thinking a civic, but I am unsure of what gen/engine/what style? I have looked for a VX but they are so hard to find....What would be a second choice to a VX????

The 5th gen CX, the cheaper sibling to the VX. It has the same transmission as the VX, but coupled to a 70 HP non-lean burn engine, the same light weight, but fewer bells and whistles inside than the VX. The Aerocivic is based on the CX, since that is what I was driving when I started aeromodding. In stock form it gets mileage in the 40's and can break 50mpg cruising at 60mph on the interstate. It can be hypermiled into the 50's and low 60's mpg, and adding aeromodding gets you into the 70's mpg. It is easy enough to drop a lean burn engine into it if you can find one.

TheManVan 05-02-2014 06:40 PM

Thanks Basjoos!
You just made my week! The aerocivic is how I found this forum and I am very thankful for all the good info!
Ok so look for a VX but if I can't find one in a reachable area I will look at a CX!
Now I feel rather dumb...I had no idea that the aerocivic was a hatch back?

Thanks again!